GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 37 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 67]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
Ahhhh, so refreshing to see people’s lineups with Karlsson.

The left side defence can be so interchangeable it’s not even funny. I see Wolanin with Wideman long-term and have since before Wolanin even signed with us last year.

I’m not sure how Formenton plays himself off the opening night roster, but whatever, that looks decent enough for 2.5 months away. I think White will have more skilled linemates than Pageau will. I don’t care for Carey.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
I don’t think Tkachuk is ready. I hope he’s not either. But it wouldn’t surprise me if the Sens force him to help the fanbase cheer for something as the Sens try and do everything to keep Colorado from Hughes range.

Last edited by Lagoon on Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:I don’t think Tkachuk is ready. I hope he’s not either.

I agree to an extent, I think if he signs he should at least be given the tryout like Formenton and Brown had last year. If he shows he's ready then I have no issues keeping him in the lineup.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:I don’t think Tkachuk is ready. I hope he’s not either.

I agree to an extent, I think if he signs he should at least be given the tryout like Formenton and Brown had last year. If he shows he's ready then I have no issues keeping him in the lineup.

I would agree with that. He’s got the size and smarts.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Lagoon wrote:Ahhhh, so refreshing to see people’s lineups with Karlsson.

The left side defence can be so interchangeable it’s not even funny. I see Wolanin with Wideman long-term and have since before Wolanin even signed with us last year.

I’m not sure how Formenton plays himself off the opening night roster, but whatever, that looks decent enough for 2.5 months away. I think White will have more skilled linemates than Pageau will. I don’t care for Carey.

I'm still in the camp that Karlsson gets traded, but TGOR mentioned there were a lot of positions up for grabs in training camp. The way I see it there are only two center positions really up for grabs. I do think White will be given top-six minutes with Boedker and Ryan, and think Tkachuk plays at BU next season. Give him a year to develop and have him start in the NHL the season after with Brown and Batherson.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Chlapik should also be given a top-nine opportunity.
I also forget MPS in my lineup further adding that there are not a lot of opportunities for grabs.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I don't see Tkachuk being on the opening night roster, but crazier things have happened. One thing is for sure, there should be plenty of competition in camp for some roster spots, which has not really been the case in the past few years.

Wow, the left side of our defense is WEAK. Chabot is fine, although I think we'd be better off with him on the second pairing. Boro should be the third pairing guy/healthy scratched from time to time, and Harpur can beat it based on what I saw from him last season.

The right side is also not strong once Karlsson leaves.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Not many spots you are right, but at the same time, nobody has a spot locked. I think the only constant is the Dzingel - Duchene - Stone.

The rest will be a constant blender. Nothing really wrong with that unless Boucher once again can’t see new chemistry before fans do.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
I like our left side. A lot.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:I like our left side. A lot.

Chabot's good, although I'm not totally convinced he can be a top pairing guy for the whole season...but I don't mind starting him there and seeing what happens. I don't think we can roll out Boro (who I love, but even I admit he's a 3rd pairing guy) and Harpur on the left side every night a expect good results. Dion was a solid LD for us and helped Ceci out a lot and even then it was a tire fire at times.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Without Wolanin, as you’ve never mentioned him, our left side is not as good, no. That’s the issue you are having in evaluating how good our left side is.

I still believe Harpur can improve, but I can’t in good conscience say I like our left side and include him in my evaluation. He looked like an amateur last year.

You keep mentioning Harpur over Wolanin and I don’t know why.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Contract status. Wolanin is on a two-way ELC. I think Harpur is a one-way this season?

I'd be shipping out Harpur in a trade if I could.

I would entertain Wolanin playing with Karl if it meant giving Chabot more PMD responsibilities on unit 2. I think Chabot is better off playing away from Karlsson in order to get the most out of him offensively.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ok, so if it's Chabot - Boro - Wolanin down the left side, I still don't think that's playoff caliber.  Wolanin played 10 games for us at garbage time at the end of last season and looked OK.  I'm not against him starting the season here, but I don't think we can be confident that those three guys make us a good team next season.

Not sure if deals are one ways or two ways, but Harpur has to go through waivers and Wolanin doesn't.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Exactly. I think they also like Harpur's size.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
The Sens have loved Harpur's size for years, but the problem is he doesn't use it. I could have a 10" Richard, but if I ain't filling any holes with it, it kinda goes to waste.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:The Sens have loved Harpur's size for years, but the problem is he doesn't use it.  I could have a 10" Richard, but if I ain't filling any holes with it, it kinda goes to waste.

I thought he was really good a year ago so hopefully he returns to form. If not, he'll be in the AHL just at a higher salary.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Size isn't as important in the modern day NHL. It's all about speed and skill. But if you're a big guy you better use your size. I'd much prefer Jaros over Harpur. Jaros plays with an edge. Harpur plays with a long stick.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
If there is a Karlsson trade to be had, I don't want Sergachev. I agree our left-side is already incredibly strong with Chabot and Wolanin. I'd much prefer getting Point and Foote. Our right side is atrocious if/when Karlsson get traded.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 37 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum