wprager wrote:SensHulk wrote:Melnyk indicated this would happen last December (that parliament hill rant is the gift that keeps on giving) where if the crowds don't improve, player salaries would be cut. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy
Behold! Hoff-Machine is now SensHulk.
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Some observations from last night's game + insight from today's news:
- McCormick is a good 4th liner. Good energy guy, will score greasy goals.
- Chlapik is not mature enough defensively and doesn't fit well in a bottom-six role. He was undisciplined last night. He won't be in Belleville long and will be a big contributor down there.
- Lajoie is a quietly pretty good. Didn't make any mistakes last night. Same with De Melo. othing flashy about their games but they can move the puck out of the zone well.
- White played a good two-way game. Can see him as a third line winger. I don't expect a lot of scoring out of him, but he's getting a good chance or two every game.
- Bobby Ryan looked at home playing with Duchene. Maybe Duchene can Make Bobby Great Again?
- Wolanin will get prime PP time in Belleville. And don't for one second think Harpur is safe. The fact that Lajoie was not sent down means Harpur is in trouble. He will either be demoted (waivers) or traded
- The Sens did pretty well in their defensive zone coverages
- Condon looked very comfortable
- Smith will start as 2C but will eventually be moved down the lineup or traded. My guess is he ends up 3C at some point or back on the wing depending on the progress of Chlapik, White and Brown
- Still not sure what happens with Formenton but my guess is he's battling White for the last roster spot. I think he's best served dominating in junior for one more year.
- Tkachuk is fun to watch but he needs to balance the line between discipline/undisciplined
- Tierney has been disappointing. He may find his own with some consistent linemates going forward
Opening night lineup:
I also like the look in Belleville with Brown, Chlapik, Balcers, Batherson, and Wolanin down there. Should be exciting to watch the scoresheet down there
Sorry I mean white. Not Brown. Colours. Maybe I’m colour blindDefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I don't think I said anything about Brown > Formenton but if I did it was certainly by error. I just don't see the value of having Formenton as a healthy scratch and I don't know who else in the bottom six Boucher would scratch aside from McCormick. Not sure I'd want Formenton out there killing penalties and it's quite apparent that White has a very high hockey IQ and McCormick will unquestionably block shots.
Lagoon wrote:I’ve never cared for DeMelo’s game. Seeing him more often now probably won’t change my opinion.
PTFlea wrote:Lagoon wrote:I’ve never cared for DeMelo’s game. Seeing him more often now probably won’t change my opinion.
Yeah, not a fan. Under pressure he coughs it up like crazy. Not going to be a great tenure for him here unless that was just a blip in pre-season.
Harpur has been poor too. A lot of poor decisions with the puck in high danger areas. He was so good at first, hopefully he can put it all together.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum