GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 16]

166Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 12 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:54 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I know 17 year olds usually don't do anything in this tournament, but I'd love to see Byfield get a ton of ice time in the 2nd and 3rd periods to give him some confidence heading into the Russia gold medal game. He's a big dude that could be a difference maker.

167Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 12 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:16 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Surely it's over now. Russia - Canada for all the marbles, the way God intended it to be.

168Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 12 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:23 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Russia vs Canada... who will want it more this game. Russia has to feel good about it's chances. that might not play to their advantages.

169Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 12 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:03 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Russia did not pay well but had enough offense to overcome poor goaltending.

Canada entered the Tournament not knowing who will be #1 and goes into the Gold Medal game on a shutout. Guess that's one question answered.

Too bad about Hayton. Maybe it's not as bad as it looked.

170Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 12 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:30 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Why do they play the hold medal game immediately after the semis? Hayton is a Longshot to play today, and I wonder if one more day off might have helped.

Sucks to lose your Captain in the third period of a 5-0 game. Thanks, Lassi.

171Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 12 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:53 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Hayton apparently a game-time decision.

172Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 12 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:39 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Haytons playing. Also, Hofer has been great for Canada.

173Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 12 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:50 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
The diving on both sides is frustrating and only makes the refs' job harder.

174Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 12 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:44 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
That was epic!

175Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 12 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:22 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
When Hoyton scored I had a strong feeling they had it in the bag. To have your Captain playing with a separated shoulder and then tie the game up - shivers.

That goal by Thomas was fantastic. The Russians melted down. Clearly the pressure got to them.

Apparently the stretch pass to Thomas cage from JBD. They have the assist to another defenseman but that guy was apparently standing on the bench at the time. Not sure if it was ever corrected.

176Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 12 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:42 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
To be fair to the Ruskies, the puck off the camera should've been a delay of game penalty, giving them a 5 on 3 which would've changed into a 6 on 3 as they would've pulled their goalie. They most likely would've at least tied the game.

177Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 12 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:21 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Not sure on that. One faceoff win and fire the puck down the ice and it could be a 2-goal lead. 6 on 3 is not something you spend much time on in practice. At a certain point there's just not enough puck for those extra sticks.

178Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 12 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:48 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
So, Marco Rossi has more goals and points than Lafreniere, with fewer games played. And Lafreniere plays in the Q where points are, historically, more plentiful.

Interesting.

179Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 12 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:38 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:So, Marco Rossi has more goals and points than Lafreniere, with fewer games played. And Lafreniere plays in the Q where points are, historically, more plentiful.

Interesting.

Yes, but he's small and on a stacked team. Size may not translate well but he's trending to be a top-five pick.

180Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 12 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:40 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Wouldn't this be nice:

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

181Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 12 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:25 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I would be afraid of Rossi if we don't already pick Byfield or Stutzle or Laf. I want to draft a #1 C and personally I don't think you can have your #1 C be a small one.

182Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 12 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:59 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Agreed. Rossi is an 8-10 pick

183Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 12 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:19 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:So, Marco Rossi has more goals and points than Lafreniere, with fewer games played. And Lafreniere plays in the Q where points are, historically, more plentiful.

Interesting.

Yes, but he's small and on a stacked team. Size may not translate well but he's trending to be a top-five pick.

He's one of the ones doing the stacking.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum