GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 17]

211Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 15 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:17 pm

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I meant these guys who have been scouted since early teens and touted as the next ones, ranked 1st for years etc; seems like it is extremely hard to miss on those types these days with all the information and video available. Seems like all the guys like Crosby, lecavalier, Matthews, Hall, Stamkos, Tavares never bust. Maybe Ekblad who is not a bust but more was expected

212Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 15 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:55 pm

Lagoon


Veteran
Veteran
Can’t include Ekblad as that was so long ago in terms of recent advancements in scouting.

Yakupov is a big miss by everyone, myself included.

213Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 15 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:52 am

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Hischier and Patrick over makar and petersson on 2017 are pretty recent examples

214Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 15 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:57 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Patrick and more so Hischier is not what I was talking about. Hischier wasn’t scouted for years as being a next one. He kinda shot up the rankings. I guess the point is I legitimately can’t see a scenario where Laf isn’t an nhl star, way too much info and analysis for that to happen

215Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 15 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:23 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:Patrick and more so Hischier is not what I was talking about. Hischier wasn’t scouted for years as being a next one. He kinda shot up the rankings. I guess the point is I legitimately can’t see a scenario where Laf isn’t an nhl star, way too much info and analysis for that to happen

It could happen to Byfield. He could be a major bust. There are so many unknowns with this kid, that nobody really knows? He’s a physical specimen with tools. But what if that physical specimen grows much more and his skills can’t adapt and compensate for and with the growth? All we see with him is raw skills and freakish size for his age and chosen sport. We all hope he continues to evolve, but the reality is, he may not.

216Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 15 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:28 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Brown is another huge center. Haven't given up on him, yet, but he simply does not have NHL speed.

That doesn't appear to be a problem with Byfield, though.

217Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 15 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:52 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I saw Lafreniere live yesterday. He's definitely too good for the Q and can play bored/not 100% and still be dominant. He also only plays with like 1 or 2 potential NHL quality prospects. He does everything out there. Not as dynamic as a MacKinnon but he is a coach's dream.

Also that arena is awful and they sold way more tickets than they should have.

218Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 15 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:43 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:I saw Lafreniere live yesterday. He's definitely too good for the Q and can play bored/not 100% and still be dominant. He also only plays with like 1 or 2 potential NHL quality prospects. He does everything out there. Not as dynamic as a MacKinnon but he is a coach's dream.

Also that arena is awful and they sold way more tickets than they should have.

Laf is definitely the cream of the crop and in his own tier. Anyone not taking him 1st, would be making a mistake in my opinion.

219Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 15 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:59 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:I saw Lafreniere live yesterday. He's definitely too good for the Q and can play bored/not 100% and still be dominant. He also only plays with like 1 or 2 potential NHL quality prospects. He does everything out there. Not as dynamic as a MacKinnon but he is a coach's dream.

Also that arena is awful and they sold way more tickets than they should have.

Laf is definitely the cream of the crop and in his own tier. Anyone not taking him 1st, would be making a mistake in my opinion.

which is why i hope we only move up to 2nd Sarcasm

but in all seriousness, it is entirely possible that we take the top 2 spots through the lottery. that would piss off a lot of teams around the league.

220Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 15 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:23 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:I saw Lafreniere live yesterday. He's definitely too good for the Q and can play bored/not 100% and still be dominant. He also only plays with like 1 or 2 potential NHL quality prospects. He does everything out there. Not as dynamic as a MacKinnon but he is a coach's dream.

Also that arena is awful and they sold way more tickets than they should have.

Laf is definitely the cream of the crop and in his own tier. Anyone not taking him 1st, would be making a mistake in my opinion.

which is why i hope we only move up to 2nd Sarcasm

but in all seriousness, it is entirely possible that we take the top 2 spots through the lottery. that would piss off a lot of teams around the league.

It's *possible* we take the top 2 spots, but it isn't going to happen. Odds are we don't get the #1 spot either. The bottom line, though, is that we should have two really high picks (plus a ton of others) and after this draft we should more or less have all the pieces in place.

221Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 15 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:29 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:I saw Lafreniere live yesterday. He's definitely too good for the Q and can play bored/not 100% and still be dominant. He also only plays with like 1 or 2 potential NHL quality prospects. He does everything out there. Not as dynamic as a MacKinnon but he is a coach's dream.

Also that arena is awful and they sold way more tickets than they should have.

Laf is definitely the cream of the crop and in his own tier. Anyone not taking him 1st, would be making a mistake in my opinion.

which is why i hope we only move up to 2nd Sarcasm

but in all seriousness, it is entirely possible that we take the top 2 spots through the lottery. that would piss off a lot of teams around the league.

It's *possible* we take the top 2 spots, but it isn't going to happen.  Odds are we don't get the #1 spot either.  The bottom line, though, is that we should have two really high picks (plus a ton of others) and after this draft we should more or less have all the pieces in place.

We have a 60% chance at a top 3 pick which is solid. At worst I can't imagine us getting worse than the #6 and #9 pick

222Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 15 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:36 am

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:I saw Lafreniere live yesterday. He's definitely too good for the Q and can play bored/not 100% and still be dominant. He also only plays with like 1 or 2 potential NHL quality prospects. He does everything out there. Not as dynamic as a MacKinnon but he is a coach's dream.

Also that arena is awful and they sold way more tickets than they should have.

Laf is definitely the cream of the crop and in his own tier. Anyone not taking him 1st, would be making a mistake in my opinion.

which is why i hope we only move up to 2nd Sarcasm

but in all seriousness, it is entirely possible that we take the top 2 spots through the lottery. that would piss off a lot of teams around the league.

It's *possible* we take the top 2 spots, but it isn't going to happen.  Odds are we don't get the #1 spot either.  The bottom line, though, is that we should have two really high picks (plus a ton of others) and after this draft we should more or less have all the pieces in place.

We have a 60% chance at a top 3 pick which is solid. At worst I can't imagine us getting worse than the #6 and #9 pick

NJ has been playing relatively well since the Hall trade. I can see them jumping quite a bit ahead in the standings. I am worried about a freefall in Buffalo right now.

223Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 15 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:38 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Is veronneau not playing at all in Belleville ? I don't see him in the lineup

224Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 15 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:43 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
surprised no one is talking about jack quinn being a top-10. Kid is leading the CHL with 44 goals in 50 games. 6'1", 170lbs. He's not small and has room to grow. I get that Rossi has more points but 44 goals is not something to balk at.

Sens really need to get one more 1st somehow.

225Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 15 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:01 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Button was talking about him.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

226Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 15 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:02 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Logan Brown out of the lineup today for Belleville

227Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 15 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:42 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
He got run over. Not a bad hit but he was already fighting for position with another player and could not prepare for the hit. Personally I think hits like this should be taken out.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

228Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 15 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:28 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:No one has any doubt about stutzle?
He plays in an inferior league and was the go to guy for Germany. And yes, I get it. He did well on a crap team but I try not to base too much on the WJC. Some go to guys on crappy teams don’t amount to much.
I absolutely think he’ll got top 15 but I’m not sure I’d waste a top 5-8 pick on him with so many other standouts out there. I also think Perfetti should be in the second group.

He's an amazing talent. I'd be stunned if he didn't go top 4 right now. Still time for things to change in the coming months.

He has moved up and made a 2-man third tier. Laf by himself. Byfield next by himself. And then Raymond has been caught and Stutzle and him are now together. That’s not a knock on Raymond, it is a hat tip to Stutzle.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum