GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 18]

226Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 16 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:02 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Logan Brown out of the lineup today for Belleville

227Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 16 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:42 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
He got run over. Not a bad hit but he was already fighting for position with another player and could not prepare for the hit. Personally I think hits like this should be taken out.

228Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 16 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:28 am

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:No one has any doubt about stutzle?
He plays in an inferior league and was the go to guy for Germany. And yes, I get it. He did well on a crap team but I try not to base too much on the WJC. Some go to guys on crappy teams don’t amount to much.
I absolutely think he’ll got top 15 but I’m not sure I’d waste a top 5-8 pick on him with so many other standouts out there. I also think Perfetti should be in the second group.

He's an amazing talent. I'd be stunned if he didn't go top 4 right now. Still time for things to change in the coming months.

He has moved up and made a 2-man third tier. Laf by himself. Byfield next by himself. And then Raymond has been caught and Stutzle and him are now together. That’s not a knock on Raymond, it is a hat tip to Stutzle.

229Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 16 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:07 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Pinto with the gwg in OT. UND won the Penrose Cup

230Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 16 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:58 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Not quite yet. They need a single point next weekend to win it outright. Right now they've won at least a share of the championship. What a weird league. They got presented with the trophy even though their season is not over and they could still end up tied.

Guess that means there won't be any ATOs to play a couple games in the AHL or even Ottawa for a little while. Do they have any chance of advancing to the Frozen Four?

231Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 16 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:59 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
OMG, didn't realize they are actually ranked 1st!

http://collegehockeyinc.com/national-polls.php

232Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 16 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:08 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
yupp - they're ranked #1 in the country. they also have a few players that I could see Ottawa taking a run at in free agency to play with pinto and jbd next season in belleville

233Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 16 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:44 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
No one is talking about Jonathan Gruden. Kid is having a good year after a tough season in college

234Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 16 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:30 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:yupp - they're ranked #1 in the country. they also have a few players that I could see Ottawa taking a run at in free agency to play with pinto and jbd next season in belleville

looking like Pinto will go back to college one more year

235Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 16 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:34 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
yes i agree he probably will return. as he should imo

236Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 16 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:04 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
If UND wins the Frozen Four I would be very surprised if Pinto didn't turn pro. He's a freshman. Another 2-3 years to finish his degree versus making probably close to $100K next year between the AHL and callup to Ottawa, then up from there. He won't be finishing his degree in either case, so how much does the sophomore year in college really matter to him?

237Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 16 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:06 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Most College players stay there at least a couple of years. he's been very good so let him dominate.

238Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 16 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:42 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
All I said was that *if* they win the National Championship he won't have anything to play for.

239Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 16 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:37 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:No one has any doubt about stutzle?
He plays in an inferior league and was the go to guy for Germany. And yes, I get it. He did well on a crap team but I try not to base too much on the WJC. Some go to guys on crappy teams don’t amount to much.
I absolutely think he’ll got top 15 but I’m not sure I’d waste a top 5-8 pick on him with so many other standouts out there. I also think Perfetti should be in the second group.

He's an amazing talent. I'd be stunned if he didn't go top 4 right now. Still time for things to change in the coming months.

He has moved up and made a 2-man third tier. Laf by himself. Byfield next by himself. And then Raymond has been caught and Stutzle and him are now together. That’s not a knock on Raymond, it is a hat tip to Stutzle.

Staying with this, the Sens should explore every avenue in trading the Isles pick with other picks and a player to get a third 1st rounder in the top 11. 5-11 is a very real grouping with elite talent that drops off at 12.

240Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 16 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:07 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
If not, with the Isles pick gimme the hard hitting C whose two-way game matches his heavy shot and elite passing in Dylan Holloway. Him or Nybeck.
The draft can’t come soon enough for me.

241Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 16 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:14 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:If not, with the Isles pick gimme the hard hitting C whose two-way game matches his heavy shot and elite passing in Dylan Holloway. Him or Nybeck.
I don't share that. those guys can be drafted in the later rounds.

I personally hope they will take the opportunity to go after a quality D-man. We'll likely have two top-end forward prospects (hopefully one of those is Byfield) out of our first two picks and I still think the blue line needs addressing.

242Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 16 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:13 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:If not, with the Isles pick gimme the hard hitting C whose two-way game matches his heavy shot and elite passing in Dylan Holloway. Him or Nybeck.

I personally hope they will take the opportunity to go after a quality D-man. We'll likely have two top-end forward prospects (hopefully one of those is Byfield) out of our first two picks and I still think the blue line needs addressing.

I guess it depends who's on the table but Ottawa is pretty set at D

LHD: Chabot, Brannstrom, Wolanin, Lajoie, Boro, Reilly, Englund
RHD: Zaitsev, Thomson, JBD, Zub, Jaros

I rather add a vet via free agency id needed

243Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 16 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:21 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:

I think the Sens would be crazy to draft a Dman with the Isles pick. With the lack of quality D in the draft, Drysdale, Sanderson and Andrae will all be gone before the Sens get to use the Isles pick, so reaching for the next tier and breaking the ice on that grouping wouldn’t be advisable as one of that group will be available with their first 2nd rounder. If you aren’t getting Drysdale, there is no good reason to reach on a D in this draft. The elite D top heavy draft is 2021, the Sens ┬ácan take one or two there and they would be wise to take forwards with the 1st they have this year. Unless both their picks fall to 6 and 7 in which case, I’d get Drysdale with one of them. We still don’t know our standing and how the lottery will fall. Almost too many hypotheticals right now.

2021 is full of Makar, Hughes, Byram and Drysdale calibre D.

Last edited by Lagoon on Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:12 pm; edited 3 times in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum