GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 39 ... 61  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 61]

241Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 17 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:14 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:If not, with the Isles pick gimme the hard hitting C whose two-way game matches his heavy shot and elite passing in Dylan Holloway. Him or Nybeck.
The draft can’t come soon enough for me.
I don't share that. those guys can be drafted in the later rounds.

I personally hope they will take the opportunity to go after a quality D-man. We'll likely have two top-end forward prospects (hopefully one of those is Byfield) out of our first two picks and I still think the blue line needs addressing.

242Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 17 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:13 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:If not, with the Isles pick gimme the hard hitting C whose two-way game matches his heavy shot and elite passing in Dylan Holloway. Him or Nybeck.

I personally hope they will take the opportunity to go after a quality D-man. We'll likely have two top-end forward prospects (hopefully one of those is Byfield) out of our first two picks and I still think the blue line needs addressing.

I guess it depends who's on the table but Ottawa is pretty set at D

LHD: Chabot, Brannstrom, Wolanin, Lajoie, Boro, Reilly, Englund
RHD: Zaitsev, Thomson, JBD, Zub, Jaros

I rather add a vet via free agency id needed

243Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 17 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:21 am

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:

I think the Sens would be crazy to draft a Dman with the Isles pick. With the lack of quality D in the draft, Drysdale, Sanderson and Andrae will all be gone before the Sens get to use the Isles pick, so reaching for the next tier and breaking the ice on that grouping wouldn’t be advisable as one of that group will be available with their first 2nd rounder. If you aren’t getting Drysdale, there is no good reason to reach on a D in this draft. The elite D top heavy draft is 2021, the Sens ┬ácan take one or two there and they would be wise to take forwards with the 1st they have this year. Unless both their picks fall to 6 and 7 in which case, I’d get Drysdale with one of them. We still don’t know our standing and how the lottery will fall. Almost too many hypotheticals right now.

2021 is full of Makar, Hughes, Byram and Drysdale calibre D.

Last edited by Lagoon on Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:12 pm; edited 3 times in total

244Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 17 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:22 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Agreed about the FA vet D that is trying to save his career.

Last edited by Lagoon on Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total

245Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 17 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:16 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
While I can't agree wholeheartedly with DWC about our D being set (more on that, later) I can't disagree with Lagoon about using a 1st round pick on picking up a defenseman.

Back to the first point, you are penciling in JBD, Thomson and Zub. One of them hasn't played a game in the pros and the other two have never played on NHL-sized ice. They will all need time adjusting, and JBD and Thomson might need 2 years or more before they can play as many minutes as Jaros can, now. I'm not saying Jaros is better, but he's certainly ahead.

If there is no playoffs and the draft order is determined by points/game the Islanders would be tied for 13th worst with Calgary, but they have 2 more ROWs. But I doubt they go strictly on winning percentage because the schedule is heavily weighted by intra-divisional games. So taking the usual playoff format (top three in each Division and next year best in each Conference) but bagging it on winning percentage, the Islanders would be in the second wildcard spot (Carolina just ahead of them). Over in the West it would be Nashville and Vancouver, both with a lower winning percentage. So that would place the Islanders as 14th best, so 17th overall. A d-man taken outside of the top 15 will probably take 2 years, minimum, to be NHL ready (yeah, I know where Karlsson was picked, different times).

246Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 17 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:00 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I just think that if we have the opportunity to add a quality Dman with two elite forward than you can't go wrong. some prospects will not follow the desired trajectory and will wash out and having prospects that you can trade really helps also. there's a premium on top D prospects I find when it comes to trades.

of course, I reserve the right to change my opinion as we get to the draft.
when that will be no one knows at this point. i was getting excited to go to this draft too, now it looks like it won't be a public event or even have the players there... a bit of a letdown.

247Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 17 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:05 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
would anybody be really disappointed if we had two top 5 picks and drafted Drysdale with one of them?

depending on who's taken by the time we get to that pick, I'm not sure I would.
if we don't end up with the 1st overall, I'm kind of hoping that we can land Byfield and Perfetti but the addition of Drysdale would be hard to resist also.

248Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 17 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:09 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:would anybody be really disappointed if we had two top 5 picks and drafted Drysdale with one of them?

if we don't end up with the 1st overall, I'm kind of hoping that we can land Byfield and Perfetti but the addition of Drysdale would be hard to resist also.

I wouldn’t be disappointed at all. Drysdale is head and shoulders the best D available so I can see some reasons to make sure you get the best in the class and he is also in that tier of players for 5th overall.

However, Perfetti in the top 5, no. No.

249Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 17 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:08 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:would anybody be really disappointed if we had two top 5 picks and drafted Drysdale with one of them?

I wouldn’t be disappointed at all. Drysdale is head and shoulders the best D available so I can see some reasons to make sure you get the best in the class and he is also in that tier of players for 5th overall.

I guess it's a matter of opinion. I really like Perfetti. i haven't seen him play though, I'm just going on what I've read so my opinion doesn't count for much.

250Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 17 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:34 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Is the 2020 season here yet?

251Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 17 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:51 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

I guess it's a matter of opinion. I really like Perfetti. i haven't seen him play though, I'm just going on what I've read so my opinion doesn't count for much.

Meh, you don’t need to be an actual scout. Don’t discount your opinion, you’ve liked what you’ve read and there is nothing wrong with that. Could I change your mind by sending your footage and articles on Holtz, Lundell, Rossi and Drysdale? I’m confident I could. They are the better players now and I think will be better pros too. Actually Lundell and Perfetti are close, but Lundell is just safer.

I left out Raymond and Stutzle because they are obviously before Perfetti and before they other players mentioned. Not obviously, but you get what I’m saying.

252Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 17 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:03 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

Meh, you don’t need to be an actual scout. Don’t discount your opinion, you’ve liked what you’ve read and there is nothing wrong with that. Could I change your mind by sending your footage and articles on Holtz, Lundell, Rossi and Drysdale? I’m confident I could. They are the better players now and I think will be better pros too. Actually Lundell and Perfetti are close, but Lundell is just safer.

I left out Raymond and Stutzle because they are obviously before Perfetti and before they other players mentioned. Not obviously, but you get what I’m saying.

I really like what I've read about Rossi and Drysdale also. I didn't mention Strutzle because I somehow doubt that we will be drafting where we are standing today and I'm just hoping that we get to keep the second overall for Byfield. also, i still have some reservations about Struzle and the league he plays in (I'm probably being over-cautious, I've purposely tried to find scout interviews and articles on him to calm my worries and they have but still...).

I think Raymond gets drafted after Perfetti personally.
you can always post articles on prospects. that's probably a good idea for everyone.

253Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 17 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:52 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I think Raymond will go ahead of Perfetti, but I like Perfetti's skill and offensive potential more than Rossi from what I've seen. Rossi is more complete, but much smaller and worse of a skater.

254Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 17 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:09 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:I think Raymond will go ahead of Perfetti, but I like Perfetti's skill and offensive potential more than Rossi from what I've seen. Rossi is more complete, but much smaller and worse of a skater.

I’ve got a pretty clear mock in my head without knowing the draft order yet. 3-11 is going to be wild. Drysdale should be the only D taken but it wouldn’t surprise me to see 3 go in the top 15. I find it funny that people think Byfield is closer to 3 than he is to 1. Some people forget that Byfield is almost a year younger than Lafreniere and most all other 1st rounders.

255Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 17 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:13 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:I think Raymond will go ahead of Perfetti, but I like Perfetti's skill and offensive potential more than Rossi from what I've seen. Rossi is more complete, but much smaller and worse of a skater.

I’ve got a pretty clear mock in my head without knowing the draft order yet. 3-11 is going to be wild. Drysdale should be the only D taken but it wouldn’t surprise me to see 3 go in the top 15. I find it funny that people think Byfield is closer to 3 than he is to 1. Some people forget that Byfield is almost a year younger than Lafreniere and most all other 1st rounders.

another reason I want Byfield. He fits such an important need for this organization.

I think Drysdale could go anywhere between 3 to 5. Sanderson could sneak into the top 10 if an organization drafts by needs. I suspect Stutzle could fall out of the top 5 if some GM's have the same fears I have. There are too many good players in the top 10 to take someone with a few doubts.

we draft Byfield and Dryslade/Perfetti and I'll be over the moon.

256Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 17 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:36 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Gimme one of Lafreniere/Byfield and I don’t care if the other early 1st drops to 5/6 because I know the 5/6 spot lands us one of Raymond, Stutzle, Rossi or Drysdale. I guess depending on what happens with the standings we could somehow fall to 7,8,9 to where Lundell, Holtz and Perfetti are realistically blendered. But my point is one of Lafreniere or Byfield and I don’t care how far we fall with the next best pick.

If we don’t land 1st or 2nd overall, I won’t be happy with either pick falling out of top 6.

257Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 17 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:28 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I like the way Hendrix Lapierre is dropping. more and more ranking boards have him outside of the 1st round. I doubt he falls outside of the 1st but if he did i think it be amazing to grab him with one of our 2nds.

258Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 17 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:55 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
He certainly is high risk, medium reward. Jarrod Maidens comes to mind.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 61]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 39 ... 61  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum