GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 28 ... 39  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 39]

256Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 18 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:36 pm

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
Gimme one of Lafreniere/Byfield and I don’t care if the other early 1st drops to 5/6 because I know the 5/6 spot lands us one of Raymond, Stutzle, Rossi or Drysdale. I guess depending on what happens with the standings we could somehow fall to 7,8,9 to where Lundell, Holtz and Perfetti are realistically blendered. But my point is one of Lafreniere or Byfield and I don’t care how far we fall with the next best pick.

If we don’t land 1st or 2nd overall, I won’t be happy with either pick falling out of top 6.

257Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 18 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:28 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I like the way Hendrix Lapierre is dropping. more and more ranking boards have him outside of the 1st round. I doubt he falls outside of the 1st but if he did i think it be amazing to grab him with one of our 2nds.

258Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 18 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:55 am

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
He certainly is high risk, medium reward. Jarrod Maidens comes to mind.

259Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 18 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:05 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:I think Raymond will go ahead of Perfetti, but I like Perfetti's skill and offensive potential more than Rossi from what I've seen. Rossi is more complete, but much smaller and worse of a skater.

I’ve got a pretty clear mock in my head without knowing the draft order yet. 3-11 is going to be wild. Drysdale should be the only D taken but it wouldn’t surprise me to see 3 go in the top 15. I find it funny that people think Byfield is closer to 3 than he is to 1. Some people forget that Byfield is almost a year younger than Lafreniere and most all other 1st rounders.

another reason I want Byfield. He fits such an important need for this organization.

I think Drysdale could go anywhere between 3 to 5. Sanderson could sneak into the top 10 if an organization drafts by needs. I suspect Stutzle could fall out of the top 5 if some GM's have the same fears I have. There are too many good players in the top 10 to take someone with a few doubts.

we draft Byfield and Dryslade/Perfetti and I'll be over the moon.

And no way Stutzle falls out of Top 5 in my opinion. It is Raymond, Rossi and Stutzle mashed together in some form at 3,4 and 5. Actually, someone might jump on Drysdale because he’s the only elite D, so yeah, one of those Ray/Ros/Stutzle could go at 6.

260Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 18 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:14 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Hard to say who needs an elite dman right now. Anaheim or NJ maybe

261Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 18 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:53 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Hard to say who needs an elite dman right now. Anaheim or NJ maybe
who doesn't need an elite Dman. seriously(maybe Nashville?). It just depends on how good they really are gonna be.
I certainly think we could use one more than a good winger not named Laf. I think our priority is two top Cs.
we definitely could do without a second one as we'll likely be able to fit the number 2 spot with Brown, white or Norris but good top-six depth on the C position is where I would try to improve. especially that white or Norris could wind up being wingers.

262Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 18 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:58 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:He certainly is high risk, medium reward. Jarrod Maidens comes to mind.

looking back on what we have drafted with our seconds in the past (Prince, Dahlen, Tychonick, Gagne, Chlapik, Englund), I think we're safe trying to pick someone that might or might not work out. the best out of this lot might be Chlapik and right now he's looking to be a 4rth line player with the ability to score. i'll take a chance at Hendrix. sure there's a risk but he could also look like a genius pick down the road.

263Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 18 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:59 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I guess I', tired of the sens making the "safe picks" like they always do. because those don't even turn out even. swing for the fences sometimes.

Shane Pinto is looking good but there are a few guys they passed on to grab him that had much MUCH higher ceilings when they picked him.

264Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 18 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:05 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:I guess I', tired of the sens making the "safe picks" like they always do. because those don't even turn out even. swing for the fences sometimes.

Shane Pinto is looking good but there are a few guys they passed on to grab him that had much MUCH  higher ceilings when they picked him.

Nailed it.

265Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 18 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:12 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Also at this point, it is probably best to hope for a complete cancellation of the regular season and see what the NHL does with the current standings. The Sharks are completely healthy now basically and hoping that they stay 3rd last is wishful thinking if the regular season returns.

266Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 18 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:26 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:Also at this point, it is probably best to hope for a complete cancellation of the regular season and see what the NHL does with the current standings. The Sharks are completely healthy now basically and hoping that they stay 3rd last is wishful thinking if the regular season returns.

at this point, they seem deadset on having a regular season (and I suspect it's more to do with every team generating those cashflows for themselves and the NHL as well as the NHLPA wanting their players fully compensated with their salaries). if anything they might look into cutting it's the playoffs as not every team generates revenues and players aren't paid.
I'm willing to bet that they would go A "best out of 5" scenario before cutting regular-season games.

267Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 18 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:30 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
JBD going back for his junior year. So our right side is Zaitsev, Zub (not confirmed yet) and Jaros.

Whom am I missing?

268Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 18 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:00 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Too lazy to look for the football forum. Gronk coming out of retirement to sign a 1 year deal with Tampa. #ReunitedAndItFeelsSoGood

269Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 18 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:06 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
We are so far away from learning where we will be drafting it is not even funny. Pain.

270Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 18 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:09 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
And right after I post that Bob McKenzie tweets out the NHL has extended their quarantine to April 30th.

271Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 18 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:38 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:JBD going back for his junior year. So our right side is Zaitsev, Zub (not confirmed yet) and Jaros.

Whom am I missing?

Hainsey if he's resigned and brannstrom if he gets his way and plays on his off side

Chabot-Zaitsev
Wolanin-Zub
Boro-Brann
Reilly-Jaros

272Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 18 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:41 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Lagoon wrote:And right after I post that Bob McKenzie tweets out the NHL has extended their quarantine to April 30th.

I think they're going to look into localizing the end of the season and playoffs in one spot. Boston or North Dakota make sense in the US

In Canada they would need to find a place that can accommodate all the players and has the resources (ie a few rinks), and where coronavirus is under control. Halifax makes sense to me. Use Dal and SMU dorms, hotels , etc

273Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 18 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:22 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
They are talking Saskatchewan right now. 3 locations.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 39]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 28 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum