GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 40 ... 61  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 61]

271Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:38 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:JBD going back for his junior year. So our right side is Zaitsev, Zub (not confirmed yet) and Jaros.

Whom am I missing?

Hainsey if he's resigned and brannstrom if he gets his way and plays on his off side

Chabot-Zaitsev
Wolanin-Zub
Boro-Brann
Reilly-Jaros

272Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:41 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Lagoon wrote:And right after I post that Bob McKenzie tweets out the NHL has extended their quarantine to April 30th.

I think they're going to look into localizing the end of the season and playoffs in one spot. Boston or North Dakota make sense in the US

In Canada they would need to find a place that can accommodate all the players and has the resources (ie a few rinks), and where coronavirus is under control. Halifax makes sense to me. Use Dal and SMU dorms, hotels , etc

273Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:22 pm

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
They are talking Saskatchewan right now. 3 locations.

274Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:08 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Does Saskatchewan have the infrastructure ? They should just cancel the rest of the regular season, seed teams based on winning percentage for "home ice", and have play in games for the wildcard positions.

275Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:15 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Does Saskatchewan have the infrastructure ? They should just cancel the rest of the regular season, seed teams based on winning percentage for "home ice", and have play in games for the wildcard positions.

just aint gonna happen. it's a business. you're asking owners to give up revenues that they would have gotten. they will shorten the playoffs before they eliminate the season

that is unless it's played in front of no one. then you may see something get done.

276Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:41 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
If we draft 1 and 3, sandwiching Detroit, I bet we still get Lafreniere and Byfield because Yzerman has a hard-on for Stutzle.

277Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:24 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I feel like something is gonna Diddle us for the draft. Be it the lottery or reorganizing of the drafting structure but I feel like we won't be picking top 3.
It's just how it is for the sens. Can't get anything to go right.

278Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:25 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:If we draft 1 and 3, sandwiching Detroit, I bet we still get Lafreniere and Byfield because Yzerman has a hard-on for Stutzle.

Doubt any team passes on Byfield with the second overall pick

279Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:41 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:JBD going back for his junior year. So our right side is Zaitsev, Zub (not confirmed yet) and Jaros.

Whom am I missing?

Hainsey if he's resigned and brannstrom if he gets his way and plays on his off side

Chabot-Zaitsev
Wolanin-Zub
Boro-Brann
Reilly-Jaros

You know me, not a fan of a rook D playing his wrong side. Hainsey will probably be back in a mentor type role, 7th D.

280Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:44 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Right now TSN and SNet viewership is down 75%. Even if they play in empty rinks they will make money. Wouldn't be surprised if they added advertising on the players like they do in Europe.

281Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:59 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:If we draft 1 and 3, sandwiching Detroit, I bet we still get Lafreniere and Byfield because Yzerman has a hard-on for Stutzle.

Doubt any team passes on Byfield with the second overall pick

I’m not even sure how I’d pass on him at 1, but Yzerman does what he wants and seems to have Stutzle on his brain in order to have a German connection of Seider who was last years surprise pick and Stutzle.

282Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:11 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
So Dorion doesn’t plan on talking contracts with players during the pause and offered that he could possibly move on from all the UFA’s (incl Boro?)

I think they are stalling for time to see where the cap goes. I bet they are hoping it goes down so that they can scoop up any players via trade with players on LITR To get to the cap for further assets.
Valuable valuable cap space.
At least I’m hoping that’s what they’re doing.

283Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:50 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Dream on lol. It's a stall tactic so they don't need to sign anyone. There plan is probably to be super active on deadline day and not commit to anyone until they have a few deals in place. While I'm only speculating here I imagine every prospect not named brannstrom, wolanin, formenton, JBD, thomslm, Norris and our goalies will be shopped on deadline day to either move up in the draft or packaged to add roster players

284Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:53 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
The sens can deal with their UFAs and RFAs after the draft when they have a clearer picture of what the teams looks like and what their needs are.

My guess they resign duclair to a 2 year deal, Paul to a one year one way deal, and they retain on of hainsey or Boro as the 7 dman. Everyone else is gone

285Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:24 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:So Dorion doesn’t plan on talking contracts with players during the pause and offered that he could possibly move on from all the UFA’s (incl Boro?)

I think they are stalling for time to see where the cap goes. I bet they are hoping it goes down so that they can scoop up any players via trade with players on LITR To get to the cap for further assets.

This past year, it wasn’t like the Sens took advantage of other teams cap issues with their deluge of cap space in order to help their future self, unfortunately, I think if the cap does get lowered as speculated, over budget teams will be allowed compliance buyouts or digestible tax penalties for going over. *run-on sentence complete

Basically, the Sens won’t be able to get assets from teams to solve cap issues. Teams will have other avenues given to them by the league. Just my guess

286Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:26 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:So Dorion doesn’t plan on talking contracts with players during the pause and offered that he could possibly move on from all the UFA’s (incl Boro?)

This past year, it wasn’t like the Sens took advantage of other teams cap issues with their deluge of cap space in order to help their future self, unfortunately, I think if the cap does get lowered as speculated, over budget teams will be allowed compliance buyouts or digestible tax penalties for going over. *run-on sentence complete

Basically, the Sens won’t be able to get assets from teams to solve cap issues. Teams will have other avenues given to them by the league. Just my guess
Well Callahan and gaborik were dumps from other teams.
They are off the books after this season.

The cap isn’t going up.

There will be opportunities. Also teams won’t have money to resign their UFAs if the sens don’t take on a big contract they could try to beat out teams to get to the cap by signing one good vet to a good team. Hamonic or vatanen would be pretty good and sweet but we’d have to overpay.

And before anyone complains. We get a top 2 pick this will entice some players to maybe join the sens. His team is trending up and everyone knows what our pipeline has.

Of course Melnyk....

287Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:59 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

Well Callahan and gaborik were dumps from other teams.
They are off the books after this season.

The cap isn’t going up.

There will be opportunities. Also teams won’t have money to resign their UFAs if the sens don’t take on a big contract they could try to beat out teams to get to the cap by signing one good vet to a good team. Hamonic or vatanen would be pretty good and sweet but we’d have to overpay.

And before anyone complains. We get a top 2 pick this will entice some players to maybe join the sens. His team is trending up and everyone knows what our pipeline has.

Of course Melnyk....

Show me a list of the top 30 UFA’s and I’d be willing to bet that the Sens can’t attract any of them even if they overpay them. If Boro managed to make the Top 30, I would ask for his name to be omitted as I think he will re-sign.

Halak or Greiss make some sense too, to me at least.

Or you are going to overpay a Dman, I’d rather overpay Krug than Vatanen or Hamonic as they are so injury-prone that neither player has even played 70 games a season. Don’t check because I didn’t.

288Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 19 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:51 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I think right now there's a clear top 3. We say this all the time then somebody picks differently (like if they want a D, for example) so who knows.

1. Alexis Lafreniere
2. Quinton Byfield
3. Tim Stutzle

After that it gets muddied for me. I'm not sure which way the Sens would lean. I think Raymond and Perfetti are the best forward options after the top 3, and Drysdale is the clear #1D, but is his upside good enough to warrant picking him over an offensive star?

We really only need to narrow down a top 6-7 as I can't see the draft standings changing much.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 61]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 40 ... 61  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum