GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 47 ... 65  Next

Go down  Message [Page 30 of 65]

436Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 30 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed May 06, 2020 8:28 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:I love Rossi, much more than I love Stutzle. I maintain that Raymond and Rossi are the two not named Lafreniere and Byfield that the Sens will want.

I do wish Rossi wasn’t the elder statesman of the elite, but someone has to be.

a poster on HF who talks to scouts and stuff thinks the Sens have Stutzle right there with Byfield, but who really knows.

I don't mind Rossi but I'd be disappointed if he's the highest guy we pick. I am very concerned with his combo of size and skating to turn into a 1st line C. I still think I'd take Perfetti over him for his offensive upside.

If Lafreniere and Byfield are gone, I think we take Raymond before Rossi, but I get your point.

In my opinion we need a C and Rossi just happens to be the only C in the grouping BPA’s available. He’s a coaches dream. He’s plays all three zones, is skilled, smart and can impact the game in every way.

If we get Byfield, I think we don’t take Rossi after. Raymond, Stutzle and Drysdale will probably be our targets if we get Byfield.

Just my thoughts on what the Sens will do.

If we get Byfield there's a strong case to be made that the sens won't take another C and quite possibly a RHD like Drysdale. but I have to admit that the idea of having two top C's like Byfield and Perfetti/Rossi would just set us up ridiculously.
it be crazy.
personally though i hope we win the draft. we get Laf and then we pray to dear god that Detroit has a hard on for strutzle so we can get byfield.... boom!

437Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 30 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Wed May 06, 2020 9:22 pm

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:I love Rossi, much more than I love Stutzle. I maintain that Raymond and Rossi are the two not named Lafreniere and Byfield that the Sens will want.

a poster on HF who talks to scouts and stuff thinks the Sens have Stutzle right there with Byfield, but who really knows.

I don't mind Rossi but I'd be disappointed if he's the highest guy we pick. I am very concerned with his combo of size and skating to turn into a 1st line C. I still think I'd take Perfetti over him for his offensive upside.

If Lafreniere and Byfield are gone, I think we take Raymond before Rossi, but I get your point.

In my opinion we need a C and Rossi just happens to be the only C in the grouping BPA’s available. He’s a coaches dream. He’s plays all three zones, is skilled, smart and can impact the game in every way.

If we get Byfield, I think we don’t take Rossi after. Raymond, Stutzle and Drysdale will probably be our targets if we get Byfield.

If we get Byfield there's a strong case to be made that the sens won't take another C and quite possibly a RHD like Drysdale. but I have to admit that the idea of having two top C's like Byfield and Perfetti/Rossi would just set us up ridiculously.
it be crazy.
personally though i hope we win the draft. we get Laf and then we pray to dear god that Detroit has a hard on for strutzle so we can get byfield.... boom!

That is every Sens fan dream. It’s Yzerman, there’s his German connection with Seider and also the fact that the only pipeline strength in Detroit is down the center, so maybe the winger in Stutzle does have a possibility of happening? It sure has been a storied rumour and when you dig deeper for some straws like some I’ve mentioned, maybe it does happen?

438Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 30 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu May 07, 2020 11:04 am

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

it be crazy.

That is every Sens fan dream. It’s Yzerman, there’s his German connection with Seider and also the fact that the only pipeline strength in Detroit is down the center, so maybe the winger in Stutzle does have a possibility of happening? It sure has been a storied rumour and when you dig deeper for some straws like some I’ve mentioned, maybe it does happen?
I wonder if the scenario we pick 1 and 3 if yzerman doesn’t try to sell Dorion to give up an asset (like the NYI pick) to move to 1-2.
In the likelyhood that yzerman says they will draft Byfield at 2nd, do you make that trade?
It could be a bluff. But can you pass on having both lag and Byfield?

439Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 30 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu May 07, 2020 11:35 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Commenting on an earlier post about the Isles pick. Right now they are out of the playoffs and sit 18th league wide, but going by winning percentage after 68 games they would pass the Jackets into the last wildcard spot. That would have them drafting 19th, and with the draft before the playoffs this would not change based on playoff performance.

If they have some play-in games to sort out who gets in they could drop back out to 18th. If they are out they could win the draft, but the pick is lottery protected.

So the pick will be 18 or 19 (or it will slide to 2021 and, likely, be much worse).

440Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 30 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu May 07, 2020 11:40 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

it be crazy.

I wonder if the scenario we pick 1 and 3 if yzerman doesn’t try to sell Dorion to give up an asset (like the NYI pick) to move to 1-2.
In the likelyhood that yzerman says they will draft Byfield at 2nd, do you make that trade?

I imagine Yzerman's asking price to move from #3 to #2 would be pretty high, and I probably wouldn't pay it, but of course it depends on exactly what it is. For a June draft, the asking price could only be other picks. If it's NYI's first rounder plus the #3 overall, I'd be pretty tempted.

441Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 30 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu May 07, 2020 12:01 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
If the right player is available I'd be willing to trade the Isles pick + multiple 2nds to move up. If the sens can somehow pick 3 times in the top 10 and walk out with Laf or Byfield , and two of Stutzle, Raymond , Rossi, Drysdale, Sanderson, Quinn, Holtz I'd be over the moon and would be first in line for season tickets

442Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 30 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu May 07, 2020 12:55 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

it be crazy.

You do it. In a heartbeat. It would be a bluff, but you call it and everybody wins. You’d also make history and be the 1st team ever to draft 1 and 2 overall.

443Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 30 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu May 07, 2020 1:07 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
i wonder if all this draft silence talk is the league facilitating trade talks/resolutions for the conditional picks on the table. One can hope, right?

444Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 30 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu May 07, 2020 1:52 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:If the right player is available I'd be willing to trade the Isles pick + multiple 2nds to move up. If the sens can somehow pick 3 times in the top 10 and walk out with Laf or Byfield , and two of Stutzle, Raymond , Rossi, Drysdale, Sanderson, Quinn, Holtz I'd be over the moon and would be first in line for season tickets

i was looking at the draft standings and there litterally no teams i could see moving down that much in the draft from a top 10. the only team that has the capacity to drop down that much would be NJ with the 10th pick as they already have the 6th pick and 17th pick also but no 2nd rounder. and even then, they'd have to have seen a lot of players they like that they feel like they could pick at 17. it would take our 1st and two high seconds to even start that conversation as it is an 11 pick drop and way past the point where talent drops.

you have a much better chance of getting NJ to trade that 17th for the 21st and a second-rounder. that is entirely within the realm of what you could see at the draft. Anf if i was a betting man, i would say that that 17th rounder is a prime candidate to be dropped further down if they can secure a 2nd round pick in the process.

445Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 30 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu May 07, 2020 4:10 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
https://nypost.com/2020/05/07/nhl-restart-would-go-directly-into-24-team-stanley-cup-tournament/?utm_campaign=iosapp&utm_source=twitter_app

446Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 30 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu May 07, 2020 5:16 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
I refuse to believe that.

447Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 30 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu May 07, 2020 5:36 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I like it so long as the sens are on the right side of the top 4!

448Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 30 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu May 07, 2020 5:47 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I have to wrap my head around this one. I imagine the bottom 12 teams would have to play some games in order to make the actual playoffs as wildcards? I’m no math professor but 24 teams -12 teams- 6 teams-3 teams? I can’t imagine a three way NHL finals 😂.

Whatever happens as long as it gives the sens the best chances at the draft and makes NYI fall in the ranking I’m fine with.

It would be nice to have some hockey to watch though.

449Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 30 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu May 07, 2020 6:00 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Maybe they do it by division. 6 team round robin - 5 games. Top 4 advance to a best of 5 playoff. Then division finals. Conference finals. Cup finals. I'd watch

450Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 30 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu May 07, 2020 7:24 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
I’d watch anything in anticipation for the draft.

All I care about about is one of Lafreniere and Byfield.

Basically I think we will draft the combo of Lafreniere and Rossi or the combo of Byfield and Raymond. Either way, that is unreal.

If we can somehow pull off the combo of Lafreniere and Byfield, well Diddle me. I will give everyone on here the best handy they’ve ever had.

451Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 30 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu May 07, 2020 9:50 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:I’d watch anything in anticipation for the draft.

All I care about about is one of Lafreniere and Byfield.

Basically I think we will draft the combo of Lafreniere and Rossi or the combo of Byfield and Raymond. Either way, that is unreal.

If we can somehow pull off the combo of Lafreniere and Byfield, well Diddle me. I will give everyone on here the best handy they’ve ever had.

Woah there... don't start writing checks your butt can't cash...

452Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 30 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu May 07, 2020 9:53 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Maybe they do it by division. 6 team round robin - 5 games. Top 4 advance to a best of 5 playoff. Then division finals. Conference finals. Cup finals. I'd watch
that could be an interesting proposition.

if anything a different playoff format will bring a new level of excitement.

453Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 30 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu May 07, 2020 9:59 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
To be fair I'm not sure I like the current draft format.
I think all 3 first picks being available to everyone not making the playoffs hasn't worked out well.

so far it's given top picks to teams that didn't necessarily needed it. and it's also rewarded Edmonton when it shouldn't have.

I think there should be some changes made. like you cannot have the first overall more than twice in a period of 4 years. And only the top 2 picks should be in the lottery and to the worst 8 teams in the league. barely missing the playoffs shouldn't make you eligible to get a top 2 pick. and that would also guarantee that teams that are bad still manage to draft good players over the ones that are competitive. it would still take away the incentive for tanking but would reward teams that need to get better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 30 of 65]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 47 ... 65  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum