GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 16]

76Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 6 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:25 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:Belleville came back to beat the rocket. That’s as good as it’s gonna get for us.
Formenton with 2 goals and the GWG. I’m glad they are letting him develop down there. Es the type of player that will probably become more offensive staying down there.

Colin White could use a bit of AHL time, but I doubt it actually happens. Great to see Belleville rolling.

77Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 6 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:40 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Norris really showing well in his rookie pro year. Very impressive.

78Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 6 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:31 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Belleville came back to beat the rocket. That’s as good as it’s gonna get for us.
Formenton with 2 goals and the GWG. I’m glad they are letting him develop down there. Es the type of player that will probably become more offensive staying down there.

Colin White could use a bit of AHL time, but I doubt it actually happens.  Great to see Belleville rolling.

I think there's no chance of that happening, it would be unprecedented and IMO make no sense.

79Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 6 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:17 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Colin White could use a bit of AHL time, but I doubt it actually happens.  Great to see Belleville rolling.

I think there's no chance of that happening, it would be unprecedented and IMO make no sense.

Explain why it makes no sense.  The team wants him to be able to provide some offense, which he hasn't been providing.  This is one of the reasons they've moved him to the wing.  He could go down, play a bunch on the top two lines, play on the PP, get some goals and points and confidence, and then come back up.

80Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 6 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:24 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Explain why it makes no sense.  The team wants him to be able to provide some offense, which he hasn't been providing.  This is one of the reasons they've moved him to the wing.  He could go down, play a bunch on the top two lines, play on the PP, get some goals and points and confidence, and then come back up.

They just signed him to a near $30 million dollar contract and he makes $4 million this year. It would be unprecedented to send a guy down who is making that much, who you just committed that many years and dollars to. By giving him that contract, you are saying he's a legit NHLer and a potential Top 6 mainstay, it wouldn't make any sense to send him to the AHL even if he doesn't need waivers. There's no reason to even think about it IMO. The only times you send a guy down who makes that much money if he's an old washed up bum.

IMO it makes zero sense and I can't believe some media guys have even suggested it. It would create so many problems.

81Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 6 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:30 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

They just signed him to a near $30 million dollar contract and he makes $4 million this year. It would be unprecedented to send a guy down who is making that much, who you just committed that many years and dollars to. By giving him that contract, you are saying he's a legit NHLer and a potential Top 6 mainstay, it wouldn't make any sense to send him to the AHL even if he doesn't need waivers. There's no reason to even think about it IMO. The only times you send a guy down who makes that much money if he's an old washed up bum.

IMO it makes zero sense and I can't believe some media guys have even suggested it. It would create so many problems.

Ok, so you’re just saying the optics would be bad…which I totally understand, and is why I said it won’t happen. If you ignore the salary, it would make sense to send him down.

82Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 6 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:34 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Ok, so you’re just saying the optics would be bad…which I totally understand, and is why I said it won’t happen.  If you ignore the salary, it would make sense to send him down.

I really don't think it would make sense even without the salary. He already proved his worth last year. AHL would do nothing to help him IMO. It could also harm the relationship between team and player, it would be a huge slap in the face. I don't think it's about optics, I doubt it has ever happened in history that a guy was signed to a deal like that and then sent down for development. It would be like the Bruins sending McAvoy down.

83Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 6 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:04 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
It’s his second full year of NHL hockey, and his big contract hasn’t even kicked in yet. I really don’t see an issue with sending him down…you talk about it with the player beforehand, explain that it’s just to get some confidence scoring back, and away you go.

84Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 6 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:50 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
It has kicked in, this is the first year. I’m just asking, when have you ever seen a guy sent down to the ahl after signing a long nhl deal?

85Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 6 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:30 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:It has kicked in, this is the first year. I’m just asking, when have you ever seen a guy sent down to the ahl after signing a long nhl deal?

My bad...for some reason I thought it hadn't kicked in. I forget how long ago this deal was signed.

Just because it doesn't happen often if ever, doesn't mean it can't. Ultimately, the Sens should be concerned with doing what is right for the player and the team, not what the optics are of anything. If they talk to White about it, I'm sure it wouldn't be that big a deal to him if it's for a short period of time.

86Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 6 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:03 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I've been saying it all along. White is a third line player. Maybe he'll be a late bloomer and become a top-six but with Norris tearing it up in Belleville I just can't see a situation where White plays center in the top-six. It's hard to see where he fits in in general with Batherson, Formenton, Balcers, and Abramov all performing quite well also. Add in a top-six forward from the upcoming draft and a re-signed Duclair and all of a sudden White gets squeezed out.

87Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 6 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:30 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
3 points for bath, 2 for Norris and balcers. 3-1 win

88Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 6 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:32 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Batherson leading the AHL on points

89Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 6 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Batherson leading the AHL on points

That's pretty awesome to say the least

90Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 6 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:17 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Brian O'Neill, Chris Bourque, Kenny Agostino, Chris Terry, Carter Verhaeghe. Those are the last 5 AHL scoring leaders. Just a bit of perspective.

91Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 6 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:49 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:Brian O'Neill, Chris Bourque, Kenny Agostino, Chris Terry, Carter Verhaeghe. Those are the last 5 AHL scoring leaders. Just a bit of perspective.

None of them even close to 21 years old for more perspective. Don’t discount what Batherson is doing currently.

92Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 6 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:25 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Agreed. None of those guys were 21 years old. This season has been a coming out party for Bath. B-Sens have arguably the best top-six in the AHL (Bath, Abramov, Norris, Formenton, Balcers, Szwarz).

93Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 6 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:45 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
It is Lucas Raymond time...
https://dobberprospects.com/shift-work-lucas-raymond/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum