GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 62 of 67]

916Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 62 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:38 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
You could spend all day reading scouting reports on byfield and Stützle and have them change your mind a thousand times. Some of Stützle's highlights are just jaw dropping.

917Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 62 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:40 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Depends on too many factors right now.  Are we trading any picks for players?  Etc etc etc

Someone was saying on Twitter that the Kings are in love with Stutzle,  is there truth to that?

I've heard the same about LA wanting him but as many have suggested, it's hard to pass up on Byfield. But LA needs a winger so Stutzle is a better fit there IMO. My fear is the Sens take Stutzle and try to force him as a center and it doesn't work. And they take Drysdale. We walk out of the draft without a #1C.

As I suggested, it would be interesting to see if the Sens could work something out with the Kings if they're high on Drysdale.

To Ottawa: 2nd overall
To LA: 5th overall, Isles 1st rd pick, 2nd rd pick, Balcers/Abramov

It's a good haul for moving down 3 spots

I dont care about balcers and Abramov in this scenario, but that islanders 1st and a 2nd are a lot, but then...ottawa comes out with the 2 big forward prospects.

Hard to say...

918Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 62 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:52 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I agree. Stutzle is amazing. But he's doing it on international ice as a winger. In a faster, bigger league with less time and ice, I have my concerns about converting him to a center.

919Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 62 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:17 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:Sens will finish 8-10 last, you heard it here first. I had no expectations for this season, but I see them doing way better next year. Still not playoffs. And then we will win the lottery.

Come on. Who are we adding? Show me this 21st place lineup please. Who are this season’s Ennis and Namestnikov?

920Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 62 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:18 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:You could spend all day reading scouting reports on byfield and Stützle and have them change your mind a thousand times.  Some of Stützle's highlights are just jaw dropping.

Scouting is not easy and that is without taking into account the impact on family life.

921Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 62 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:35 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:Sens will finish 8-10 last, you heard it here first. I had no expectations for this season, but I see them doing way better next year. Still not playoffs. And then we will win the lottery.

Come on. Who are we adding? Show me this 21st place lineup please. Who are this season’s Ennis and Namestnikov?

Lol? Anyone with a pulse. I'm not saying they were bad - they were quite good for us, but we gave those players prime minutes. It was the same for Gibbons - who I really, really liked, I don't even think he plays in the league anymore.

This will be more about the ebbs and flows of adding Batherson, Formenton, Brown, Norris, Brannstrom, Wolanin (back) into the lineup full time and the added benfits.

922Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 62 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:56 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
All the rookies + some free agent vets + the late start to the season will give this team a boost in my opinion. They played excellent hockey under Smith and another year under their feet will do wonders. The Sens could also take advantage of cap situations and acquire a star player or good player from another team. We will see. I think they’ll have too much talent to finish at the bottom and better goaltending now that Anderson is gone.

923Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 62 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:56 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Lagoon wrote:

They have quantity. They can make a splash and improve in enough areas that they can push for this. Enough teams will be against the cap that Ottawa could add a couple pieces that will be UFAs by the team Tkachuk and our prospects need new contracts.

Plus I am personally expecting big things from our prospects. If the Sens can improve their powerplay and get better goaltending they can definitely win 6-8 games more than they did last season which would put them bottom 8-10

924Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 62 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:14 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:Depends on too many factors right now.  Are we trading any picks for players?  Etc etc etc

Someone was saying on Twitter that the Kings are in love with Stutzle,  is there truth to that?

I've heard the same about LA wanting him but as many have suggested, it's hard to pass up on Byfield. But LA needs a winger so Stutzle is a better fit there IMO. My fear is the Sens take Stutzle and try to force him as a center and it doesn't work. And they take Drysdale. We walk out of the draft without a #1C.

As I suggested, it would be interesting to see if the Sens could work something out with the Kings if they're high on Drysdale.

Yeah, I'm not totally opposed to that, but I guess you do that if you're sure you want Stutzle and Byfield versus one of those guys + whoever is at #5. There's a million scenarios. I always prefer quality over quantity.

925Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 62 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:

Yeah, I'm not totally opposed to that, but I guess you do that if you're sure you want Stutzle and Byfield versus one of those guys + whoever is at #5.  There's a million scenarios.  I always prefer quality over quantity.

I think you're gonna get quality no matter what in this draft, it's gonna be awesome.

926Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 62 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:43 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:

Yeah, I'm not totally opposed to that, but I guess you do that if you're sure you want Stutzle and Byfield versus one of those guys + whoever is at #5.  There's a million scenarios.  I always prefer quality over quantity.

I don’t see LA doing that at all unless they feel their guy is Drysdale. And I don’t see that happening over Struezle .

I think the only thing you can do is pray that they do go with a little German love and that Detroit snuffs the Drysdale away from Dorion D-loving hands.
I want Rossi. He’s exactly what this team needs.

927Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 62 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:32 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I think you're gonna get quality no matter what in this draft, it's gonna be awesome.

This.

Just because I have my favorites, doesn’t mean I don’t like Stutzle or Drysdale.

928Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 62 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:23 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:Raymond sounds good, but I know next to nothing about him other than what I've read in scouting reports.

Flo The Action wrote:I've recently heard some think Raymond isn't as a sure bet as some are making him out to be.

Raymond will have over 2 months of hockey and be playing a huge role with his team before the NHL draft will take place. He will cement his role as the 3 best draftee.

929Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 62 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:29 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Lafreniere, Byfield, Raymond, Rossi, Drysdale, Holtz, Perfetti, Stutzle, Lundell, Askarov, Sanderson.

Not a mock, a ranking of NHL impact.

930Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 62 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:54 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Worth a listen: https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/locked-on-senators-daily-podcast-on-the-ottawa-senators/id1488639622?i=1000482239089

Apparently on Monday they'll release the half of the podcast where Button talks to them about their draft options.

He also seems to think we walk away with Stutzle and Rossi as Byfield will go to the Kings and Drysdale will go to the Wings

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/garrioch-tsns-craig-button-says-the-ottawa-senators-will-be-fine-in-nhl-draft/amp

931Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 62 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:55 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Raymond and Rossi and never look back.
Byfield and Raymond and laugh to Cups.
Byfield and Rossi, yup, just in case Rossi switched to W.

We can’t lose at 3 and 5. Every possible combo is still amazing.

932Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 62 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:41 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
draft not till October... FA not til November... it's gonna be a long fall...

933Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 - Page 62 Empty Re: Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19 on Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:06 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
At least, hopefully, we get some relatively entertaining hockey to watch?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 62 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum