GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 61 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 56 of 67]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
https://www.nhl.com/news/2019-20-ottawa-senators-season-preview/c-308556260

I haven’t read this because I’m not a fan of these generally lazy articles but I saw this on my timeline and thought I’d share.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
White closing in on a 6 year, 4.75 package apparently.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Friedman is reporting this BTW.

Elliotte Friedman
✔
@FriedgeHNIC
Hearing OTT and Colin White closing in on 6x4.75

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Colin White’s six-year contract with the #Sens breaks down as follows: $4M in 2019-10, $4M in 2020-21, $4.75M in 2021-22, $4.75 in 2022-23, $4.75M in 2023-24 and $6.25M in 2024-25.

Back loaded lol.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Fantastic. Really shows the fans that they can get these kinds of deals done now. I know he’s a tier below chabot and Tkachuk but it’s a good sign

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
$4.75AAV is not bad at all. 6 years is certainly not a bridge. And the back loading is really the way it should be (salary increasing with experience).

You can go ahead and read into it that Melnyk is selling the team after 2 years. Doubt that $0.75M makes a big difference, but it's good to have hope.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:Colin White’s six-year contract with the #Sens breaks down as follows: $4M in 2019-10, $4M in 2020-21, $4.75M in 2021-22, $4.75 in 2022-23, $4.75M in 2023-24 and $6.25M in 2024-25.

Back loaded lol.

Of course. Hahaha
Melnyk won’t have to pay for it.

But in all fairness it’s what makes the most sense. That’s likely when he’ll be producing the most.

It’s gotten a bit ridiculous how much contracts are front loaded.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Colin White’s six-year contract with the #Sens breaks down as follows: $4M in 2019-10, $4M in 2020-21, $4.75M in 2021-22, $4.75 in 2022-23, $4.75M in 2023-24 and $6.25M in 2024-25.

Back loaded lol.

Of course. Hahaha
Melnyk won’t have to pay for it.

But in all fairness it’s what makes the most sense. That’s likely when he’ll be producing the most.

It’s gotten a bit ridiculous how much contracts are front loaded.

I mean it's really only the last year that is backloaded. Seems pretty similar throughout.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Great deal for everyone. Now I'm assuming Boedker is getting traded

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Great deal for everyone. Now I'm assuming Boedker is getting traded

No one wants Boedker.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Someone will take him

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Someone will take him

Maybe at the deadline if he has a decent year.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Isn’t boedker done after this year? Don’t see an urgency to get rid of him

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ev wrote:Isn’t boedker done after this year? Don’t see an urgency to get rid of him
Yeah, don't really see a point in moving him. He was good at the beginning of the year and ran out of gas or just sucked down the stretch, but he's not horrible.

He might be blocking some youth, but they can wait for injuries.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Lagoon wrote:https://www.nhl.com/news/2019-20-ottawa-senators-season-preview/c-308556260

I haven’t read this because I’m not a fan of these generally lazy articles but I saw this on my timeline and thought I’d share.

https://dobberprospects.com/august-31-in-31-ottawa-senators/

Now this is an article I read. It’s actual quality.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:Isn’t boedker done after this year? Don’t see an urgency to get rid of him
Yeah, don't really see a point in moving him.  He was good at the beginning of the year and ran out of gas or just sucked down the stretch, but he's not horrible.

blocking some youth is exactly it.

IMO he gets moved as soon as someone offers a mid-level pick for him. probably near the deadline.
it's a contract year for him so he might be motivated to get a new contract and might move his Donkey.

I'm not gonna hold my breath though

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
Lagoon wrote:https://www.nhl.com/news/2019-20-ottawa-senators-season-preview/c-308556260

https://dobberprospects.com/august-31-in-31-ottawa-senators/

Now this is an article I read. It’s actual quality.

Interesting article. Hard not to get excited when reading about our prospects.
they did put Batherson at C though. maybe a mistake on their part. they don't think Norris could make the team out of camp which is something I question myself. I think Davidsson has a shot to make the team but he's not talked about much.

I really hope Melnyk sells the franchise soon because I would love to walk around Montreal with a brand new Tkachuk jersey Sarcasm .
speaking of, no news about any new jerseys designed being announced. Another fail by this org to capitalize on revenues.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Yeah, don't really see a point in moving him.  He was good at the beginning of the year and ran out of gas or just sucked down the stretch, but he's not horrible.

blocking some youth is exactly it.

IMO he gets moved as soon as someone offers a mid-level pick for him. probably near the deadline.
it's a contract year for him so he might be motivated to get a new contract and might move his Donkey.

I'm not gonna hold my breath though

When was the last time a player suffered from having to play a little extra time in the ahl though

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 56 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 61 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum