GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73, 74  Next

Go down  Message [Page 72 of 74]

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Yeah I don't really care if Montreal gets him. I prefer if they don't and everyone will be on the league for rigging it. But the media and pressure will destroy him in Montreal and they still won't have a #1 center

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Yeah I don't really care if Montreal gets him. I prefer if they don't and everyone will be on the league for rigging it. But the media and pressure will destroy him in Montreal and they still won't have a #1 center

I feel like KotK will be very good and their #1C.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
He should be a decent 1C yeah. Not a star though and not what a #3 OV should bring, but hey, that's life.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:He should be a decent 1C yeah.  Not a star though and not what a #3 OV should bring, but hey, that's life.

I'm not sure Caufield ends up being the player they were hoping for either. Honestly if Montreal gets #1 it sucks for them because they need Byfield or Stutzle more.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:He should be a decent 1C yeah.  Not a star though and not what a #3 OV should bring, but hey, that's life.

I'm not sure Caufield ends up being the player they were hoping for either. Honestly if Montreal gets #1 it sucks for them because they need Byfield or Stutzle more.

But I suppose they could always trade down - say with LA for 2nd and a center going back the other way. Who knows.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
If you think Montreal would get #1 overall and then pass up taking Lafreniere...you've been out in the sun too long.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

But I suppose they could always trade down - say with LA for 2nd and a center going back the other way. Who knows.

No matter if they should or could, the fan base would never let them trade down from that spot.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:

No matter if they should or could, the fan base would never let them trade down from that spot.

For sure. The fan base would lose their minds. But it would be a good move for them nonetheless.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
https://draftprospectshockey.com/draftsim/#/

have you guys visited this site?

fun exercise. interesting because you can trade picks although no options to include prospects.

unless I rank the randomness factor way high the kings always pick Byfield. *sigh*

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:If you think Montreal would get #1 overall and then pass up taking Lafreniere...you've been out in the sun too long.

Yeah...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Well, thankfully, I was totally wrong. Edmonton and Toronto have been chosen as the hub cities, leaving the US out in the cold. The NHL might actually be able to complete the playoffs now....

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:Well, thankfully, I was totally wrong. Edmonton and Toronto have been chosen as the hub cities, leaving the US out in the cold.  The NHL might actually be able to complete the playoffs now....

i'm also suprised that the NHL actually made the right decision.

Maybe the covid situation actually forced them to do the right move. I wonder which side was pushing more for Vegas, the NHL or the players.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
How is this going forward, I find it so odd. With cases about to spike and a new wave coming and another form of the flu coming, how is it safe?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:How is this going forward, I find it so odd.  With cases about to spike and a new wave coming and another form of the flu coming, how is it safe?

well, it all depends how tight-nit this quarantine winds up being.

if they can get all the players to self-isolate for a few weeks before they get moved into the hub cities then they may have a shot.

Theoretically, it's doable. now, we're talking about young men... let's see how it turns out. I think getting to phase 4 will be the hardest part. once in quarantine, I think they will be fine.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:How is this going forward, I find it so odd.  With cases about to spike and a new wave coming and another form of the flu coming, how is it safe?

if they can get all the players to self-isolate for a few weeks before they get moved into the hub cities then they may have a shot.

Theoretically, it's doable. now, we're talking about young men... let's see how it turns out. I think getting to phase 4 will be the hardest part. once in quarantine, I think they will be fine.

How about dudes who have young families - or families with kids period? Talk about a horrible situation.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

How about dudes who have young families - or families with kids period?  Talk about a horrible situation.

sure. but it's only one year. it's for a few months and they're all getting paid big time. most of the players will also be back with their families in no time.

honestly, I find it hard to feel bad for the players. there are tons of people in the world that are in a far worse situation and have to be separated from their families.

we are seriously talking about a couple of months. big deal.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yeah they’re millionaires staying in high class hotels and playing sports. They saw their families enough for the last four months lol

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I guess that's what it amounts to for the playoffs, but what about the regular season? You'll have guys dropping out left right and center imo

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 72 of 74]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73, 74  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum