GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 53 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 40 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:These Babcock stories that are coming out are crazy. Any team would be insane to hire him. Good on the players to stand up for themselves even after all this time.

On an opposite note, eat lemons Sean Avery (Mark Crawford)

Yeah, nobody has anything good to say about Babcock. Hopefully he never coaches again...it sounds like he is a terrible person. Also, there's probably endless stories about Mark Crawford being terrible...he's about as crazy as they come.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Sounds like an a1 prick, which isnt news really

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
It’s funny, but also not funny that more hockey culture is being brought into the spotlight and people are somehow surprised (or feigning surprise) and expressing shock (or feigning shock).

A lot of current and former coaches have done and said terrible things to players. Some just make it way more of a habit (i.e. Babcock) than others. And guess what? The players treat each other like Dung too. Go spend a weekend in a local arena and watch 12 year olds absolutely pummel each other. And then the ref might call a penalty, and the 12 year olds will yell obscenities at the ref (who is also a kid, by the way), and the coaches will yell obscenities at the ref, and the parents will yell obscenities at the ref and the kids on the other team. It’s really horrible, and it’s engrained in hockey culture, and general sports culture to a certain degree. People set foot in an arena or stadium, and they feel like all of a sudden they have a license to act like an absolute idiot, whether it’s a fan, parent, coach, or player. It’s all very Cussed up, and this coaching thing is just the tip of the iceberg.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Crawford has been suspended while the Hawks "investigate". Pretending they didn't know.

Devils fire their head coach (but at least not for beating anyone up or calling them n*****.

At this rate one of us might be next in line sooner or later.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Crawford has been suspended while the Hawks "investigate".  Pretending they didn't know.

Devils fire their head coach (but at least not for beating anyone up or calling them n*****.

Yeah, I guess some other players have spoken up against Crawford and it's not just Sean Avery. At least the Sens seem to be saying mostly good things about Crawford...maybe he mellowed out a bit in his old age as an assistant.

I was at the Barley Mow in Stittsville one night a couple years ago with some friends. There was a guy at the table behind me telling a story and dropping F-bombs every second word...it was actually quite ridiculous, even for a bar. Eventually I turned around to take a look at the guy...it was Mark Crawford. When this guy was a head coach, I'm not sure there was anyone that could throw a fit like him.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
What does everyone think of the Kane hit on Gudas. Looks like a fairly clear case of getting your stick up when the guy's coming in to hit you but he got the butt end into Gudas' side of the head.

Penalty? I'm not a fan of this because it's a natural reaction to get your hands up, but that's the way they usually call it so, sure, penalty. But did he intentionally try to stick him with the butt end? I didn't think so, didn't think an ejection was necessary.

They actually gave him 5 for elbowing plus game misconduct. Score was 5-2 Caps with under 5 to go, good chance it wouldn't have affected the outcome.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Crawford has been suspended while the Hawks "investigate".  Pretending they didn't know.

Yeah, I guess some other players have spoken up against Crawford and it's not just Sean Avery.  At least the Sens seem to be saying mostly good things about Crawford...maybe he mellowed out a bit in his old age as an assistant.  

I was at the Barley Mow in Stittsville one night a couple years ago with some friends.  There was a guy at the table behind me telling a story and dropping F-bombs every second word...it was actually quite ridiculous, even for a bar.  Eventually I turned around to take a look at the guy...it was Mark Crawford.  When this guy was a head coach, I'm not sure there was anyone that could throw a fit like him.

I don't think he should be fired for stuff that happened years ago that were already well known. It makes no sense to me.

and for the record I'm not talking about the Peters stuff, that's unacceptable. The other stuff, like yelling at players etc, is pretty subjective.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
It's the optics.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Habs lose again. They gotta be close to pulling the trigger on that Taylor Hall deal right about now.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:Habs lose again.  They gotta be close to pulling the trigger on that Taylor Hall deal right about now.

I think he goes to Colorado. He'd be the perfect fit there and they have the pieces and cap space available to get the deal done. Not sure if they'd re-sign him though.

My guess is Jost, Bowers, Connauton, conditional 2021 2nd (1st if he re-signs).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:Habs lose again.  They gotta be close to pulling the trigger on that Taylor Hall deal right about now.

How and why would they do that. That's one of those things I dont get. Taylor freaking hall is the answer to the myriad of problems in Montreal?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:

How and why would they do that.  That's one of those things I dont get.  Taylor freaking hall is the answer to the myriad of problems in Montreal?

It's been the most rampant rumour lately.  I said here that I don't get why they would do it, but apparently they are considering it.

If they're going to make an ill-advised attempt at a playoff run this year, they need to do something drastic.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

How and why would they do that.  That's one of those things I dont get.  Taylor freaking hall is the answer to the myriad of problems in Montreal?

It's been the most rampant rumour lately.  I said here that I don't get why they would do it, but apparently they are considering it.

If they're going to make an ill-advised attempt at a playoff run this year, they need to do something drastic.

Well issue #1 was taking JK. The guy sucks.  The Habs need a gamebreaker. Maybe Hall could be that guy but they roll 4 lines of the same type of players. Small and hardworking. At some point they need to inject talent.

Last edited by DefenceWinsChampionships on Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Well issue #1 was taking JK. The guy sucks.  The Habs need a gamebreaker. Maybe Hall could be that guy but they roll 4 lines of the same type of players. Small and hardworking. At some point they need to inject talent at some point.

Oh, it was a mistake alright.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Could very well be the bust of the draft . Either him or the Rangers 1st

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Guy's in a sophomore slump. A little early in the game to call him a bust, isn't it?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
He's not a bust yet, but they should have taken Tkachuk all day long. These are the times where Ottawa looks good.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Yeah maybe that's a better representation . Montreal will always regret not taking Tkachuk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 40 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 53 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum