GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 58  Next

Go down  Message [Page 52 of 58]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I’m so hoping Florida can put it together for the stretch as Toronto missing the playoffs would be delicious. Would they fire Dumbas? They should. So overrated. Hasn’t pulled the necessary moves and his trades haven’t paid off

I'm not sure if they'd fire Dubas.  Shanahan should be fired first IMO, but who knows.
You’re probably right but would they? Idk.
I think they’ll likely go with wonder boy for another year at least. Although he might be forced into trading one of their top forwards to actually adress their needs.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
If you're not watching the Leafs game you're missing a big story.

Both Carolina goalies got injured, so a 42 year old Zamboni driver who sometimes fills in as the Leafs practice goalie is playing in his first NHL game.

Canes are up 6-3 with under 9 to go.

Last edited by wprager on Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Amazing!

Comes in cold and gives up goals on the first two shots, then stopped the rest (which was not many, the Leafs really sucked).

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Gotta be rock bottom for the Leafs. Now we need Florida to do their part

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:If you're not watching the Leafs game you're missing a big story.

Both Carolina goalies got injuredf so a 42 year old Zamboni driver who sometimes find in as the Leafs practice goalie is playing in his first NHL game.

Canes are up 6-3 with under 9 to go.

Great story for that Ayres guy. Seems like a genuinely great dude too. Totally has to be rock bottom for the Leafs. Hopefully they just stay on the bottom for long enough to miss the playoffs. Florida unfortunately lost again last night, so Toronto remains in a playoff spot by 2 points. Maybe the Habs can go on a run and claw back from 6 points back of the Leafs?

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Watched the extended LA highlights v Pittsburgh. LA's backup goalie was quite impressive.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Watched the extended LA highlights v Pittsburgh. LA's backup goalie was quite impressive.

He sure is. Their entire prospect pool is ridiculous.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Watched the extended LA highlights v Pittsburgh. LA's backup goalie was quite impressive.

No reason to think they can't pass the Sens and Sharks in the standings.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Damn Florida gives up a 3-1 lead and loses to the Leafs. Still some racetrack left...hopefully Toronto can take a big dump.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

No reason to think they can't pass the Sens and Sharks in the standings.
Im not sure everyone on the sens got that memo tonight.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
The Sens aren't to be taken lightly. They play hard for 60 minutes.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yeah and if Hogberg keeps playing well....we could play ourselves right out of Lafreniere!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah and if Hogberg keeps playing well....we could play ourselves right out of Lafreniere!

I mean at this point we have no chance at 1 so I don't think we will be going up or down much

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
when you look at the bottom 5 i think you see that all teams will have injections of youth that will help them win more games than we imagine. the exception being Detroit and SJ. it would be kind of funny to pass SJ and watch them finish 2nd last

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Z Smith to go for back surgery and Shaw out for season with a concussion. The hawks have set themselves into Tank mode.
I wonder what other teams we see put certain players off their roster.

(I realize both those players aren’t huge difference makers but still)

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah and if Hogberg keeps playing well....we could play ourselves right out of Lafreniere!

I mean at this point we have no chance at 1 so I don't think we will be going up or down much

I think you mean finishing last.

Sure, but I think you are missing a key point and that is when you combine our lottery odds of our pick and SJ’s pick, we have a better chance at Lafreniere than Detroit does...so yes, every single loss counts for us and SJ.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
LA and NJ just made it to overtime. Perfect.

Go LA.

LA good in overtime, bad in shootout.
NJ bad in overtime, good in shootout.

We will see what happens.

Go LA!

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Lagoon wrote:LA and NJ just made it to overtime. Perfect.

Go LA.

LA good in overtime, bad in shootout.
NJ bad in overtime, good in shootout.

We will see what happens.

Go LA!

Just like I drew it up.

LA in OT!!! Perfection.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 52 of 58]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 58  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum