GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 63 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Heard the same thing. 24 team playoff. Play-in games to determine seedings. 4 best of 7 seedings. Participants based on point percentage not current standings. Hubs are down to Edmonton, Vancouver, Toronto , Vegas, Dallas and St. Paul. My guess is there will be only 4 hubs - one per division.

Not sure when the announcement would be either but next week makes sense if the league still wants to do a draft on June

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
Here is a good free article.

https://www.thefourthperiod.com/pagnotta/nhl-inching-closer-to-its-return-to-play

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Sounds like August or September draft.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yeah it's getting less and less plausible that there's a June draft.
probably sometime in August or September.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Boo boo with an interesting article on the Ottawa sun web site. Melnyk apparently thinks a decision will come today for at least the draft lottery . Conference call this pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Vegas. What an amazing entity they have been for the NHL. From their success, their fans, and now their City and accommodations are going to be instrumental in getting the NHL back to finish this season.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Boo boo with an interesting article on the Ottawa sun web site. Melnyk apparently thinks a decision will come today for at least the draft lottery . Conference call this pm

Yes. Everyone has been working extremely hard these past two weeks to simply get our game back on the ice to finish the season and do it as safe as possible with what they know now.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Yes. My guess is Vancouver, Vegas, Toronto and St Paul's are the four hubs.

And we'll see hockey back the first week of July. Training and mini camps in mid June after a two week quarantine. For this to work players need to start returning home from overseas within the next week or so

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
They could do a draft lottery for the bottom 7 teams sometime in late May or early June, preseason for a week or two on mid June , play in games and playoffs July and August. Draft and free agency in September. Start of season early Dec

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I honestly think it would be better for the NHL and NBA to start in December. Less competition with the NFL

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
If it's two hubs my guess is Vegas and St. Paul to avoid unnecessary border crossing

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:If it's two hubs my guess is Vegas and St. Paul to avoid unnecessary border crossing

I don’t think border crossing will come into play with wherever they choose because 12 teams will play in one location and the other 12 will play in the other. Once it is down to two teams, one from each hub, I think they will just pick one spot for the finals.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I think a single location makes the most sense logistically and financially (reduce travel and equipment costs, eliminate extra quarantine times). Trouble is finding a venue which can accommodate a 24-team tournament. Good luck with that. Next "best" option is to have all the hubs (frankly, 2 makes more sense than 4, again, cost containment) in the same country. Which will, of course, be USA. I'm fine with that. It's not like I could go to any games (or want to).

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Vegas and Minnesota make sense. 12 teams per hub

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
From John Shannon:

There was some thought the NHL would set dates for the Lottery and Draft on the Board of Governors call today. That did not occur. As mentioned yesterday, there is some momentum for a late August/early September Draft right now, with or without a resumption of the season.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:From John Shannon:

There was some thought the NHL would set dates for the Lottery and Draft on the Board of Governors call today.  That did not occur.  As mentioned yesterday, there is some momentum for a late August/early September Draft right now, with or without  a resumption of the season.
That’s interesting. With or without. But I guess if the season hasn’t restarted by august they can forget about it.
I have a feeling we won’t be having a season start in October either due expected rise in infection.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I think we see a season start in December. They're expecting a vaccine as early as January with this new Moderna drug.

So play July/August. Draft end August . Free agency Sep 1. Start season Dec 1. They can even compress the schedule from Dec to April and play a 60 game season if they want their original schedule back

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:They're expecting a vaccine as early as January with this new Moderna drug.

I just re-read the article and they are talking about January-June:

In January, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute for Allergies and Infectious Diseases, said it would take about 12 to 18 months to get a vaccine on the market. Zaks said he agreed with that estimate for Moderna's vaccine, putting a delivery date somewhere between January and June of next year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 63 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum