GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:From John Shannon:

There was some thought the NHL would set dates for the Lottery and Draft on the Board of Governors call today.  That did not occur.  As mentioned yesterday, there is some momentum for a late August/early September Draft right now, with or without  a resumption of the season.
That’s interesting. With or without. But I guess if the season hasn’t restarted by august they can forget about it.
I have a feeling we won’t be having a season start in October either due expected rise in infection.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I think we see a season start in December. They're expecting a vaccine as early as January with this new Moderna drug.

So play July/August. Draft end August . Free agency Sep 1. Start season Dec 1. They can even compress the schedule from Dec to April and play a 60 game season if they want their original schedule back

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:They're expecting a vaccine as early as January with this new Moderna drug.

I just re-read the article and they are talking about January-June:

In January, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute for Allergies and Infectious Diseases, said it would take about 12 to 18 months to get a vaccine on the market. Zaks said he agreed with that estimate for Moderna's vaccine, putting a delivery date somewhere between January and June of next year.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
As early as

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I personally don’t mind being an early guinea pig if they need some.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/498637-leaked-pentagon-memo-warns-coronavirus-pandemic-could-last-until-summer-2021

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Memo warns that vaccine won't be available until next summer and also expecting a second wave.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
So what happened to the "cure" that Sorrento's CEO mentioned?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SSq5oZWSI0w

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:

I'd love for some of this stuff to get settled too, but the NHL still doesn't know what the rest of the season/playoff formats will look like, and they don't want teams that have a shot at winning the Cup to also have a shot at the 1st overall pick.  They're going to have everything settled on before we hear about draft lottery rules or anything else.

Welcome back, by the way. Cheers

Thanks Bro. Good to be back. Let's get this darn draft going though, I can't wait till freakin' September!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhls-potential-post-season-will-challenge-teams-create-great-theatre/sn-amp/

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
It should definitely make for good theatre. It'll be very interesting to watch games with no fans. Dial up on the on-ice mics, and let us hear everything being said. Get creative with cameras. The NHL has an opportunity here to do something cool.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Just don't fill the seats with sex dolls like that Korean soccer team did.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:It should definitely make for good theatre.  It'll be very interesting to watch games with no fans.  Dial up on the on-ice mics, and let us hear everything being said.  Get creative with cameras.  The NHL has an opportunity here to do something cool.

Anyone know when the tv contracts are up? Could generate a ton of money from media rights, on ice ad revenue, and tv commercials. Obviously not enough to cover the costs of having fans in attendance, but a team like the Sens that averaged just north of 12,000 fans a game could help bridge the gap. They could technically commercialize the crap out of the product. The NHL could also sell premium content like off-ice content, behind the scenes content, and even make deals with local vendors to sell concessions somehow and/or team up for promotions (ie: 67s pizza at Pizza Pizza).

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
2021-22

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:It should definitely make for good theatre.  It'll be very interesting to watch games with no fans.  Dial up on the on-ice mics, and let us hear everything being said.  Get creative with cameras.  The NHL has an opportunity here to do something cool.

Anyone know when the tv contracts are up? Could generate a ton of money from media rights, on ice ad revenue, and tv commercials. Obviously not enough to cover the costs of having fans in attendance, but a team like the Sens that averaged just north of 12,000 fans a game could help bridge the gap. They could technically commercialize the crap out of the product. The NHL could also sell premium content like off-ice content, behind the scenes content, and even make deals with local vendors to sell concessions somehow and/or team up for promotions (ie: 67s pizza at Pizza Pizza).

67s pizza is at Gabriel's Smile

Both are trash though.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Whatever. Garbage pizza nonetheless

Imagine the sens partnered up with businesses in the community to cross promote their products. Wouldn't that's be intelligent ....

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Now would be a great time for them to finally try putting ads on players like they do in Europe. Players would not want to block the move since they are facing huge escrow.  Fans wouldn't care (much) since they want to see hockey. Not much competition for eyeballs.

Last edited by wprager on Sat May 23, 2020 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum