DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:PTFlea wrote:DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Ev wrote:wprager wrote:Not a fan of putting the A on two 6-7 d-men. One of them should always be sitting in the press room. Instead, one of them is bound to always be in the ice. Guess they'll teach the kids the art of landing a top five pick.
There would be no reason for Hanisey to ever be scratched IMO.
Boro is a different story
To play devil's advocate, it's a pretty soft defence without Boro in their though.
To play devil's advocate some more.
Top five teams - hits per game:
5. New York Rangers
(two playoff teams)
Bottom five teams - hits per game:
(three playoff teams)
- Ottawa (worst team in the league) finished 19th. Winnipeg, Dallas, Vancouver ahead of them. Philly, Detroit, Columbus right behind.
- St. Louis finished 24th. Boston finished 15th. Difference of three hits per game
- Pitt avg. of 28.8 hpg vs Calgary avg. of 15
- Boston, Tampa, Winnipeg, Colorado, NYR had the most PIMs per game. (4 playoff teams)
- Vegas, Arizona, Buffalo, Columbus, Toronto had the least PIMs per game. (3 playoff teams)
I think 'toughness' is overrated. Maybe 'timely' toughness is something more representative but I don't think hits or playing a 'dirty' game really matter.
Ergo, Boro is unnecessary.