GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran
Beaudin was also called up

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
You can't have too many goalie prospects, so this is a nice problem to have. The trick is choosing the right one (see: Leafs, Justin Pogge vs Tuuka Rask).

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Not sure who caught the BSens game on Saturday but D'Accord looked great. I can totally see him pushing Gustavsson for the #1 in Belleville next season or when the Sens trade Andy.  That potentially leaves Ottawa looking to move two goalies. Andy and one of Hogberg/Gustavsson. I believe Sogaard is AHL eligible next season and can see him splitting time with D'Accord.

And I am curious to see what happens with Brannstrom once Zaitsev is back in the lineup. They also sent down Davidsson meaning Boedker may draw into the lineup

Sogaard will likely stay in Europe for another season or even two.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Not sure who caught the BSens game on Saturday but D'Accord looked great. I can totally see him pushing Gustavsson for the #1 in Belleville next season or when the Sens trade Andy.  That potentially leaves Ottawa looking to move two goalies. Andy and one of Hogberg/Gustavsson. I believe Sogaard is AHL eligible next season and can see him splitting time with D'Accord.

And I am curious to see what happens with Brannstrom once Zaitsev is back in the lineup. They also sent down Davidsson meaning Boedker may draw into the lineup

Sogaard will likely stay in Europe for another season or even two.

Sogaard is currently in the WHL

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Can 2 games in the ahl be enough for that kind of change in Brannstrom's game?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:Can 2 games in the ahl be enough for that kind of change in Brannstrom's game?

Maybe? I think just the kick in the butt of being sent down has more effect than actually playing in the AHL. I think it would work for Colin White too.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I think he needed to have the puck on his stick more. He can't play 8 minutes and be expected to produce. A guy like Brann needs 15-20 minutes to be successful

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
The more he plays like that, the more likely he is to see 20 minutes a night and start looking like friggin Roman Josi!

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Coach saying that Zaitsev now out 2-4 weeks

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:The more he plays like that, the more likely he is to see 20 minutes a night and start looking like friggin Roman Josi!

he looked so good last game. He's playing on his right side which apparently he prefers but DJ is of the Babcock camp and thinks he should not be playing on his off wing. I never understood the left-side/right-side thing. For an offensive defenseman his stick should be facing the inside of the ice to better defend the middle of the ice and get better shooting angles. I always played on my off-side for that very reason. I get as a d-man you want your stick facing the boards for easy clears but for a player that relies on his skating it doesn't make any sense.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Gus called up from Belleville with Nilsson now out sick. Hogberg to start his will back up

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Brannstrom with another amazing game. Drew the penalty in overtime that led to the winning goal. A couple times in the game I thought he looked like Karlsson… Pretty evident to me that he needs to be playing more minutes and on the right side. He looked very comfortable with Boro.

-1 but 21:48 of ice-time.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Well that was a highly entertaining game. I love it when these teams play each other. Nice that White finally got a goal.

Brannstrom is a left shot who says he prefers playing RD. DJ Smith is a coach who prefers defencemen to play their "proper" side, so he'd like Brannstrom to play LD. We'll see what ends up happening.

The refs robbed Ottawa of a regulation win, with a bogus call against Boro that gave Nashville their 3rd goal, and then missing a blatant interference penalty, which lead to Nashville's 4th goal.

Anywho, Merry Christmas.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Going into next season I'd be pretty happy with:

Chabot-De Melo
Boro-Brannstrom
Wolanin-Zaitsev

I think Lassi is still 2 years away, and JBD would be the only guy pushing for a spot if he decides to leave college. Still, a year in Belleville wouldn't hurt him. Seems like the org has soured on Jaros and Lajoie, which is too bad since I thought Jaors was pretty decent last season

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Going into next season I'd be pretty happy with:

Chabot-De Melo
Boro-Brannstrom
Wolanin-Zaitsev

I think Lassi is still 2 years away, and JBD would be the only guy pushing for a spot if he decides to leave college. Still, a year in Belleville wouldn't hurt him. Seems like the org has soured on Jaros and Lajoie, which is too bad since I thought Jaors was pretty decent last season

They may not have soured on jaros his I currently injured so last couple call ups he hasn't been available

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Nilsson apparently has a concussion and is going on IR. Craig Anderson is ready to return. Sounds like Hogberg will stick around as the backup.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I was offered tickets to this game. Club Bell. Had to turn them down though as my oldest was coming in from McGill on the 10:30 bus. Would have had to leave probably right after dessert was served (2nd intermission).

Heard that Wolanin is not expected back until February. Right now Boro is on our second pairing. Lajoie is back up, another 38 minutes for Chabot?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:Tkachuk-Brown-Batherson
Lafreniere-Byfield-Brown
Duclair-White-Abramov
Balcers-Tierney/Pageau-Formenton

Chabot-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-JBD
Wolanin-Thomson

Nilsson