GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 21]

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
They should change the in-arena pump-up music to Yackety Sax.

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Little put out a release saying that the firing stems from a call on Valentine's Day in which he disagreed with Melnyk and used foul language at him. But others are saying that it was not a single event, and that there was a pattern of abusive behaviour toward other employees. So it's not just swearing at Melnyk (that would be a very long list).

tim1_2


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Little put out a release saying that the firing stems from a call on Valentine's Day in which he disagreed with Melnyk and used foul language at him. But others are saying that it was not a single event, and that there was a pattern of abusive behaviour toward other employees.  So it's not just swearing at Melnyk (that would be a very long list).

Everybody everywhere knows that Melnyk is THE problem. Good for Little.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Meknyk has been uncharacteristically quiet for a long time, especially with this latest situation.

Don't forget Little also left Shaw rather suddenly. At the time he said he was "retiring". Yeah, right.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Talk from the Sens (not Melnyk) was that it wasn't just a single incident, and it wasn't just against Melnyk.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Talk from the Sens (not Melnyk) was that it wasn't just a single incident, and it wasn't just against Melnyk.

The bottom line is we'll never know the full story, and it ultimately would've been Melnyk's call to fire him, and Melnyk should never, ever get the benefit of the doubt.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Talk from the Sens (not Melnyk) was that it wasn't just a single incident, and it wasn't just against Melnyk.

The bottom line is we'll never know the full story, and it ultimately would've been Melnyk's call to fire him, and Melnyk should never, ever get the benefit of the doubt.  

Well, especially these days. how many front office people have been fired or walked out? I'm losing count.

it's embarrassing.


what is kind of surprising is it's been quiet about any sale rumors.

either interest has died down, the price was too high or worst... there was never any possibility of a a sale... Facepalm

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
I imagine we won't see or hear anything until after Seattle comes through. No way they pay the franchise fee and the Sens sell for less

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Pageau doesn’t look too happy as an Isle. Probably be frustrating if they fall apart and miss the playoffs. Unfortunately the canes aren’t helping make that happen

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
The islanders are so average. I'm surprised they're even in the mix for a spot. Barzal is a wizard though

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Very frustrating how the Islanders can lose, what, 5 in a row, now, and still hold the last wildcard spot. I know I never had any faith in the Panthers (never understood all the expectations the last few years) but I still expected they would push the Leafs out. It really doesn't matter, I guess, because neither one will advance over Boston or Tampa, but this lack of a push from them is making it ready for the Islanders to suck all the way to the playoffs.

Carolina. They really are a bunch of jerks.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Carolina playing the Islanders at home Saturday afternoon. Please win.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Wolanin called up.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:Very frustrating how the Islanders can lose, what, 5 in a row, now, and still hold the last wildcard spot. I know I never had any faith in the Panthers (never understood all the expectations the last few years) but I still expected they would push the Leafs out. It really doesn't matter, I guess, because neither one will advance over Boston or Tampa, but this lack of a push from them is making it ready for the Islanders to suck all the way to the playoffs.

Really good post that completely disregards and discredits the NYI being tied for 7th overall in the league on February 12th.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
And one of the two teams that actually know how to retain and rebuild properly in Carolina and NYR might eventually take the NYI from the playoffs. Tough for NYI losing their best defensive Dman in Pelech for the season. And more recently, Boychuk too.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Lagoon wrote:
wprager wrote:Very frustrating how the Islanders can lose, what, 5 in a row, now, and still hold the last wildcard spot. I know I never had any faith in the Panthers (never understood all the expectations the last few years) but I still expected they would push the Leafs out. It really doesn't matter, I guess, because neither one will advance over Boston or Tampa, but this lack of a push from them is making it ready for the Islanders to suck all the way to the playoffs.

Really good post that completely disregards and discredits the NYI being tied for 7th overall in the league on February 12th.

I don't give a sh*t where they were Feb. 12. I only care because we got their 1st this season and were not anywhere near a solid playoffs position at the time. Then they proceed to get just 2 loser points over the next 5 games and somehow the teams behind them collectively decided to also lay an egg.

It is 100% true that Florida has been very disappointing recently. It is 100% true that after that emotional win with Ayers in his the Canes have played some uninspired hockey.

Leafs and Isles have been very fortunate. Am I not allowed to wish some misfortune on them? Just eff off, ok?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Unfortunate 3 point game last night, but the Sens are 29th and San Jose is 28th. Looking real good.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Gus sent back to Belleville. Must mean that Hogburg is rejoining the team.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum