GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 21]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Lagoon wrote:
wprager wrote:Very frustrating how the Islanders can lose, what, 5 in a row, now, and still hold the last wildcard spot. I know I never had any faith in the Panthers (never understood all the expectations the last few years) but I still expected they would push the Leafs out. It really doesn't matter, I guess, because neither one will advance over Boston or Tampa, but this lack of a push from them is making it ready for the Islanders to suck all the way to the playoffs.

Really good post that completely disregards and discredits the NYI being tied for 7th overall in the league on February 12th.

I don't give a sh*t where they were Feb. 12. I only care because we got their 1st this season and were not anywhere near a solid playoffs position at the time. Then they proceed to get just 2 loser points over the next 5 games and somehow the teams behind them collectively decided to also lay an egg.

It is 100% true that Florida has been very disappointing recently. It is 100% true that after that emotional win with Ayers in his the Canes have played some uninspired hockey.

Leafs and Isles have been very fortunate. Am I not allowed to wish some misfortune on them? Just eff off, ok?

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Unfortunate 3 point game last night, but the Sens are 29th and San Jose is 28th. Looking real good.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Gus sent back to Belleville. Must mean that Hogburg is rejoining the team.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
https://www.tsn.ca/ottawa-senators-vp-of-communications-and-community-relations-on-leave-1.1455140

Facepalm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Yeah, so?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Yeah, so?

I understand that it was his hire but still. this doesn't look good. there's a god damn carousel within the organization. it's pathetic. it's a joke.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
LA jumped over Ottawa last night after winning their 6th straight. And now they are closing in on San Jose. AMAZING!

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
I said LA would keep winning but I didn’t mean 6 in a row. I meant they’d have a winning record down the stretch.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Hottest team in the NHL! Leave it to the Sens to end their win streak lol

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Hottest team in the NHL! Leave it to the Sens to end their win streak lol

Dammit!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Wow, finally a goalie in belleville. Goodness.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ahhhhh Silfverberg....if only we hadn't made that ill-advised Bobby Ryan trade.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:Ahhhhh Silfverberg....if only we hadn't made that ill-advised Bobby Ryan trade.

Or Zibanejad, or Stone, or

Let’s play a game. Continue the thread

Or __________

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Ceci

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Bad trades: Duchene, Stone, Zib, Spezza, Heatley
Good trades: Dzingel,, Duchene, Karlsson, Pageau, Pyatt,

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:Ahhhhh Silfverberg....if only we hadn't made that ill-advised Bobby Ryan trade.

Really? he's so far down on the guys who we've traded in the past lol

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
It is certainly part of our history of too quickly trading prospects that don’t come out of the gate as they most likely unrealistically expected. That to me is part of the major pro scouting issue. Also an unwillingness to want to pay RFA’s and would rather save money with term like Brassard was.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Bad trades: Duchene, Stone, Zib, Spezza, Heatley
Good trades: Dzingel,, Duchene, Karlsson, Pageau, Pyatt,

Literally no one wanted spezza, what were we to do?

And if literally no one wanted spezza, you can double down on heatley. Slow, beat up at that point and a nmc, we're lucky we got what we did.

I dunno about revisionist history in hockey trades, it can be dangerous. At the time, I was very down on zibanejad, didnt see any future where he'd be as good as he is. With work ethic issues too, but as time goes by, I think probably lagoon and others are right in that we should be careful trading prospects. Better they bust here than flourish somewhere else.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum