GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down  Message [Page 30 of 33]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Which would increase the value of the franchise, no?

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:I think you meant Melnyk *isn't* going anywhere.

Great point about the high picks. If they get Lafreniere that's not going to hurt attendance, which will lead to higher valuation.

I still think he will sell but it's in his best interest to stick around a little longer.

Getting Laf would definitely add to the valuation. I think some didn’t agree with my take on the company’s value added valuation based on player assets but it makes complete sense.

Once the team is on the up and up before they have to pay full salaries for everyone he’ll likely sell.

I am not suggesting it adds to the team's valuation. I am suggesting it will probably add to more national games, advertising, etc. Similar to what Crosby did with the Penguins, McDavid to Edmonton, etc.

I'm not sure . Would your employer be worth more in a merger because of its staff ? I don't think it helps that much. Brand recognition and fanbase help for sure but I'm not sure if active players on a roster help

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:I think you meant Melnyk *isn't* going anywhere.

Great point about the high picks. If they get Lafreniere that's not going to hurt attendance, which will lead to higher valuation.

I still think he will sell but it's in his best interest to stick around a little longer.

Getting Laf would definitely add to the valuation. I think some didn’t agree with my take on the company’s value added valuation based on player assets but it makes complete sense.

Once the team is on the up and up before they have to pay full salaries for everyone he’ll likely sell.

I am not suggesting it adds to the team's valuation. I am suggesting it will probably add to more national games, advertising, etc. Similar to what Crosby did with the Penguins, McDavid to Edmonton, etc.

I'm not sure . Would your employer be worth more in a merger because of its staff ? I don't think it helps that much. Brand recognition and fanbase help for sure but I'm not sure if active players on a roster help

Actually, i can 100% guarantee that for a company going through an M&A, who they can retain will make a huge impact on the price that is paid for the acquired company. the strength of management plays a huge role in valuation and having brain drain can lead to loss of valuation as well as key employees that add to the strength of the product. in this case, that's 100% on the players.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
It helps but their valuation isn't based on management and employees. It's based on assets, clients , IP, etc.

In the case of the Sens adding Laf over say Rossi isn't going to drive the price significantly up. It's the brand and assets that would and right now it's a Dung brand with an old as Diddle arena

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
But what if we draft Laf AND Rossi????????????????? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Then he may decide to never sell.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I watched some Logan Brown highlights (again) today. Guy definitely has Spezza passing and a super deceptive shot. Too bad he's got Havlat's ability to always get injured and Bobby Ryan's skating/compete. Hard to teach someone how to stay healthy and how to compete harder.

Would love to see him center a Duclair line with Connor Brown on the wing next season.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I watched some Logan Brown highlights (again) today. Guy definitely has Spezza passing and a super deceptive shot. Too bad he's got Havlat's ability to always get injured and Bobby Ryan's skating/compete. Hard to teach someone how to stay healthy and how to compete harder.

Would love to see him center a Duclair line with Connor Brown on the wing next season.

Logan Brown is a perfect 2C in my opinion and I think that is what he will be. Again, I haven’t seen him much last year, but his skillset screams 2C to me. Nothing wrong with that.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
He's 2C or bust imo. I feel as though they'll convert one of Norris or white to the wing permanently (likely white) and we will see Tierney as a 1C this season. Chlapik will be 4C.

Man I miss hockey

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Weak sauce down the middle. Puking2

Do we ever need Byfield AND Rossi. Ahhhhh!

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Yupp. Big things will be expected from Batherson, Brown, and Norris next season. I'll lump Formenton in that mix too.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I watched some Logan Brown highlights (again) today. Guy definitely has Spezza passing and a super deceptive shot. Too bad he's got Havlat's ability to always get injured and Bobby Ryan's skating/compete. Hard to teach someone how to stay healthy and how to compete harder.

Logan Brown is a perfect 2C in my opinion and I think that is what he will be. Again, I haven’t seen him much last year, but his skillset screams 2C to me. Nothing wrong with that.

His skillset says 2C, but there's a bunch of red flags. I'm not positive he's a long-term solution here in Ottawa.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
2C’s are allowed some flags. That’s why they are 2C’s and not 1C’s.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:2C’s are allowed some flags. That’s why they are 2C’s and not 1C’s.

I guess what I'm saying is I don't think he's going to make it here. I hope I'm wrong.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:
Lagoon wrote:2C’s are allowed some flags. That’s why they are 2C’s and not 1C’s.

I guess what I'm saying is I don't think he's going to make it here.  I hope I'm wrong.  

That’s fair. I didn’t see him enough last year to say one way or another. Melnyk made me watch and follow other teams. Carolina, NYR, Detroit and LA were big ones.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Lagoon wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I guess what I'm saying is I don't think he's going to make it here.  I hope I'm wrong.  

That’s fair. I didn’t see him enough last year to say one way or another. Melnyk made me watch and follow other teams. Carolina, NYR, Detroit and LA were big ones.

He'll make it here because he's better than some of our current options, but I don't think he will be part of our long-term plans unless he's able to stay healthy, put up big points on the PP, and plays responsibly at both ends of the ice

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
He's here as long as Dorion is (assuming he's not a complete bust).

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Your 2020 (2021?) Ottawa Senators:

Tkachuk-Tierney-Batherson
Ryan-L.Brown-Duclair
C.Brown-White-Norris
Formenton-Anisimov-Hawryluk
Extra: Balcers, Paul

Chabot-Zaitsev
Wolanin-Zub
Boro-Brannstrom