GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 21]

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Hogberg to get his third start in a row tomorrow night in Chicago

It's as if they have a deal for Anderson in place but need to hold onto him while Nilsson recovers from his injury. Or they're trying to preserve his trade value and not have him shelled while the defence is banged up. It's so bizarre.

Flo The Action


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Hogberg to get his third start in a row tomorrow night in Chicago

It's as if they have a deal for Anderson in place but need to hold onto him while Nilsson recovers from his injury. Or they're trying to preserve his trade value and not have him shelled while the defence is banged up. It's so bizarre.

honestly i doubt they have a deal for him. he hasn't played extremely well for us this year.

we'll be luck if we get anything above a 3rd rounder for him. IF he even gets traded.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Florida or Carolina for a 5th

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hogberg has played really well recently, and we are supposed to be playing the kids this year.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Dunno. Andy is a vet. You still have to give him games.... Especially on a back-to-back

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Dunno. Andy is a vet. You still have to give him games.... Especially on a back-to-back

I love Andy as much as anyone, but I don't think we owe him anything. There's no need to give him games just because.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Dunno. Andy is a vet. You still have to give him games.... Especially on a back-to-back

I love Andy as much as anyone, but I don't think we owe him anything.  There's no need to give him games just because.

There's player development and there's tanking. Starting him and him losing helps the cause just as much as player development right now

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Wolanin skated with the team today

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Any one concerned how Duclair seems to have taken a step back in the last few games

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Any one concerned how Duclair seems to have taken a step back in the last few games

I expected a drop off since he started so hot, but he has also been banged up a bit

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Any one concerned how Duclair seems to have taken a step back in the last few games

I expected a drop off since he started so hot, but he has also been banged up a bit

I hope it's just the banged up a bit. Earlier when he wasn't scoring he was looking strong on the ice last couple games you see one or two times but not as noticeable

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
I thought Duclair looked quite good yesterday tbh.

Look - Pageau had an unreal November and Duclair an unreal December. Take these two guys out of the lineup and the Sens are a bottom team; exactly where they are now.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Tough going into the break with a double digits losing streak. Even tougher beating the Flames to end that streak.



Last edited by wprager on Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Hogberg with a big afternoon game 40 saves 95% saved

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I said a couple years ago that Hogburglar was a great prospect. I didn't know what I was talking about at the time, but it's really nice to see him perform very well on the big stage. Our prospect goaltending depth is fantastic.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
Ev wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Any one concerned how Duclair seems to have taken a step back in the last few games

I expected a drop off since he started so hot, but he has also been banged up a bit

I hope it's just the banged up a bit. Earlier when he wasn't scoring he was looking strong on the ice last couple games you see one or two  times but not as noticeable

Yeah, for sure he's looked off. I also hope it's just him banged up.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:I said a couple years ago that Hogburglar was a great prospect.  I didn't know what I was talking about at the time, but it's really nice to see him perform very well on the big stage.  Our prospect goaltending depth is fantastic.
What sample size is what we're actually dealing with though?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I said a couple years ago that Hogburglar was a great prospect.  I didn't know what I was talking about at the time, but it's really nice to see him perform very well on the big stage.  Our prospect goaltending depth is fantastic.
What sample size is what we're actually dealing with though?

Yeah, the sample size is small right now. He was good in Belleville last year and hasn't been as good there this year. I think he's a guy that gets better the more he plays, and the problem now is there isn't enough playing time for all our goalies.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum