GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 34]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Ya that's gotta be a low-light for this season.

Don’t worry, 2 more 10 game losing streaks are coming.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I get that there are tiers of players in the top-10 but the Sens really can't go wrong.

I disagree with this. Not the tiers, but that the Sens can’t go wrong. No matter how well Pinto is developing, he was simply the wrong pick at 32. Same goes for Thomson.

They were safe pick. Top 5 d-man and top-nine forward most likely. But they weren't homeruns. I can't see the Sens doing anything off the board which means we're likely to get a top-two dman or top-six (arguably top-three) forwards

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
I am struggling to see what Dorion's plan is if we acquire Zub. Blueline is already quite full and I'd personally like to see a bottom pairing of Boro-Brann next season. Will be really hard to see Boro go, the blueline will be really soft without him, and he seems like the perfect guy to play alongside Brann.

Chabot-Zaitsev
Wolanin-XXXX
Boro-Brann (off-side)
Extra: Reilly

To me the writing is on the wall that Hainsey and De Melo will both be gone, and there likely isn't a chance of Jaros, JBD, or Thomson breaking through next season. So does Zub slide into the top-four with zero NHL experience? He probably won't sign with Ottawa to play in the AHL...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I am struggling to see what Dorion's plan is if we acquire Zub. Blueline is already quite full and I'd personally like to see a bottom pairing of Boro-Brann next season. Will be really hard to see Boro go, the blueline will be really soft without him, and he seems like the perfect guy to play alongside Brann.

Chabot-Zaitsev
Wolanin-XXXX
Boro-Brann (off-side)
Extra: Reilly

To me the writing is on the wall that Hainsey and De Melo will both be gone, and there likely isn't a chance of Jaros, JBD, or Thomson breaking through next season. So does Zub slide into the top-four with zero NHL experience? He probably won't sign with Ottawa to play in the AHL...

Zub would sign here on the condition of lots of ice time because our D already stinks and we're likely trading a couple guys. He would automatically slide in pretty high on the depth chart. Really, it'd be great if he signs here because the whole future of our defense is up in the air and it'd be great to add a potential solution without giving up any assets.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
They are talking on the radio quite a but about the Sens buying out Reilly in the off-season and Montreal picking him up again, so that'll open a spot.

I guess it means JBD and Thomson will be 1.5 years + in the AHL.

On a positive note, Wolanin is skating in a regular jersey today.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Reilly is terrible. Montreal got rid of him for a reason in my opinion.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
So if Zubov means son of Zub, does that mean they are going after Zubov senior?

Jk

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Bobby Ryan practicing with the team today

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Glad to see him back.

When he and Paul are both ready that will cheat the way to send a couple players back to Brother for the playoffs run.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:Glad to see him back.

When he and Paul are both ready that will cheat the way to send a couple players back to Brother for the playoffs run.

If anything it gives Ottawa the green light to start moving some forwards (Ennis, Pageau, Namestnikov).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lagoon wrote:Reilly is terrible. Montreal got rid of him for a reason in my opinion.

Meh, nothing wrong with him really. Some silly plays, but overall I've been pleasantly surprised. Maybe my expectations are really low.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Didn't watch the game last night but seeing that Smith benched Duclair

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Didn't watch the game last night but seeing that Smith benched Duclair

That's too bad, up until now I haven't seen him dog it, just not score.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Didn't watch the game last night but seeing that Smith benched Duclair

Buyer beware on a long-term deal I guess. It'll be interesting to see how this shakes out.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Buyer beware on a long-term deal I guess.  It'll be interesting to see how this shakes out.

I'd maximize his trade value personally. I don't see him as being a long term player on this team. I think you could possibly get a deal for him like what we got for Dzingel and that would be a good return. you pull the trigger if that comes around.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Duclair isn’t my fav. I’ve been vocal about that and warned you guys about exactly what we are seeing now. He’s exciting a fun when we have nothing to play for, big deal. When Ottawa eventually gets into games that mean something in a couple years and maybe playoffs, Duclair won’t be a guy you want on the ice because even now in games that means nothing, he’s a liability even when he is scoring.
Dorion has already missed his opportunity to maximize his trade return.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Pretty good game. Lots of hitting. Two fights in the first. Anderson gives up a pretty long shot for a goal, 1-0b Jets.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
And then the Jets remembered they were one point out of a playoff spot. 5-2 final. Andy getting pulled after 2 when it was 4-2.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum