GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 39  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 39]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran
Duclair isn’t my fav. I’ve been vocal about that and warned you guys about exactly what we are seeing now. He’s exciting a fun when we have nothing to play for, big deal. When Ottawa eventually gets into games that mean something in a couple years and maybe playoffs, Duclair won’t be a guy you want on the ice because even now in games that means nothing, he’s a liability even when he is scoring.
Dorion has already missed his opportunity to maximize his trade return.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Pretty good game. Lots of hitting. Two fights in the first. Anderson gives up a pretty long shot for a goal, 1-0b Jets.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
And then the Jets remembered they were one point out of a playoff spot. 5-2 final. Andy getting pulled after 2 when it was 4-2.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Duclair regressing is good for his price. I’d still sign him for a cheap short term deal.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:Duclair regressing is good for his price. I’d still sign him for a cheap short term deal.
At this point I believe we should be trading him. But if the return isn’t significant then a 1 (possibly) 2 year deal should be plausible. But I’d still trade him the minute we get some value from someone.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Wolanin send down to Belleville good to see him getting back to game shape soon

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Wolanin send down to Belleville good to see him getting back to game shape soon
that's the idea. it was a real disappointment sustaining that injury. He lost some development. luckily him being in the lineup this year will get him back on track and could force Branstrom to play the right side next year in ottawa. we'd have a decent D for a team rebuilding:
chabot - Demelo/zaitsev/ufa
wolanin- Branstrom
boro/rielly -zaitsev/hainsey

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Wolanin hopefully can get back up to speed pretty quick giving us a bit more depth assuming we're trading DeMelo and/or Hainsey.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Naw. Leave Wolanin down in Belleville for the rest of season. Let him try to build some chemistry with Brannstrom. I'd call up Jaros and Englund if need be as these guys are expendable.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Correct. Leave prospects with a future down on the farm. Bring up scrubs who will help us get Lafreniere. Belleville deserves a long playoff run.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Boro will be out for "some time" with a high ankle sprain. That's too bad, although it should give him a bit more home time with his new baby!

The Hogburglar was great last night versus Arizona. Batherson looked really good as well.

Arizona should cut their losses and see what they can get for trading Hall.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
That one pass on Namestnikov's goal was filthy. Hoggy certainly made it interesting. Plays great then lets in a real stinker, teasing us with another OT.

I guess they ran out of spare parts for Boro; must be because of all the factories shutting down in China.

I guess that's one way for him to avoid getting traded. Sucks for him that it happened in his contract year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
So many Leafs fans here at the Brookstreet. Apparently Kyle Dubas was in the elevator and I didn't even notice (another guy told his son after he got off that was Dubas).

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Sens should pick up Bogosian off waivers. It would make trading Hainsey, De Melo and Boro a lot more palatable and would help leave some talent in Belleville for the stretch run.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Boro has a high ankle sprain. That's not going to heal in time for the trade deadline.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Sens should pick up Bogosian off waivers. It would make trading Hainsey, De Melo and Boro a lot more palatable and would help leave some talent in Belleville for the stretch run.

I agree. RHD. He could do better in Ottawa too. Remains to be seen how happy he would be about it. I doubt he would resign here if he had a good end of the season.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Sens should pick up Bogosian off waivers. It would make trading Hainsey, De Melo and Boro a lot more palatable and would help leave some talent in Belleville for the stretch run.

I agree. RHD. He could do better in Ottawa too. Remains to be seen how happy he would be about it. I doubt he would resign here if he had a good end of the season.

Ya he's on the down swing so maybe he would re-sign? And if he doesn't it costs Ottawa nothing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Englund called up. Did someone get injured?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 39]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum