GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 28]

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Working from home is going to be awesome. Plant my a$$ in front of the tv with a laptop. Going to be a good August

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Sven Baertschi had opted out.

I'm guessing there will be between 10 and 20 players who opt out.

Last edited by wprager on Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
I wonder how Habs management will feel if Domi opts out. I also wonder if Habs management may be pressuring him to do so.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Stars' Roman Polak - a pending free agent - has also opted out. At 34, I wonder if he'll return on December. If he signs in the KHL or another Euro league I believe he would be ineligible for the NHL in 2020-21.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Zach Trotman (defenseman who played 8 games with the Penguins this season, total of 91 NHL over six seasons) had opted out.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I get that privacy is a thing, but for the players opting in, I feel that positive tests should be made public once play resumes. The rumour speculation is going to be nuts if players magically stop playing/practicing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Apparently positive tests will only be reported by the league (not team) and they will not even divulge the team name where a player tested positive.

I guess we are in for a tsunami of UBIs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Mike Green (Oilers) opts out.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Apparently Vancouver is looking to move Boeser? I totally expect buffalo to sell the farm and include the 8th overall pick.

Where did this rumour come from? It be idiotic to lose Boeser.
I feel like Vancouver loses that trade without knowing what other pieces are involved. He’d obviously be the best player in a trade. And whoever acquires the best player usually wins the trade.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Vancouver has no cap space and need to sign Pedersson, Virtanen, Hughes , Stecher, and a few others within the next two years. If they can sell Boeser for a top 10 pick and futures they win

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Steven Kempfer (Boston).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Karl Alzner (Montreal). No really big names yet (Hamonic is about it) but I wouldn't be surprised if we'll see a few before the deadline.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Max Domi and the Canadiens have agreed to let him decide in 7-10 days whether he will join the team for phase 3.

I have no problem with Domi (who has type-1 diabetes and ciliac disease) opting out, but where does that put the NHL, which very clearly set a deadline for such decisions to be made by 5PM tomorrow. And what, exactly, does "7-10" days mean? He can't decide earlier than 7 or later then 10? If he hasn't made up his mind by 10 does it mean he's deciding to opt out? Or opt in? The wording of just so weird.

Lastly, what is he expecting might happen in the next "7-10" days that would change his mind one way or another? Surely he's not thinking of trying some experimental treatments (early trial vaccine, using plasma from recovered patients). It's a big "NO" now, isn't it? It would still be the same in 10 days.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Now multiple players have apparently tested positive on Montreal

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Nolan Patrick (2nd overall pick from 2017)b will not be on the Flyers list. He hasn't played since last April, missed all of the current season with a migraine disorder. Don't know if this is an "opt-out" because of covid or just generally not cleared for contact.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
PTFlea wrote:Now multiple players have apparently tested positive on Montreal

Pretty soon I don't think you would be able to get this info from any reliable sources. The NHL will be reporting positive test results and will not even specify the team.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
You'll be able to tell from omissions in the lineup

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:You'll be able to tell from omissions in the lineup

Like I said earlier, a tsunami of UBIs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum