GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 29]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Tim, first, stop acting like a jackass. Second, the empty seats is distracting. I watched a couple games and it was jarring to me.  Whether the solution is CGI fans or cutouts (like the MLB) or simply blacking out the stands are just potential solutions. The specific implementation method is secondary, and I was just providing some possible implementation ideas just to show that it is feasible.

You failed to provide any alternatives or, really, even any constructive criticism. Instead you restored to name calling.  You can do better.

I said I was happy with the way they covered the seats.  It's their broadcast that needs help, not what is in the stands.  CGI and a computer-generated black void is incredibly dumb.  You suggested blacking out the stands with CGI.  Think about that.  A rink in the middle of a black void.  Jesus.

It's funny you tell me to "do better" after calling me a jackass.  

I very clearly (and purposefully) said "stop acting like a..." I know it's a technicality, but I was very careful to content on the actions and not the individual.

And I said your ideas were dumb, I didn't say you were dumb...although I could be easily swayed.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ahaha, the throws of summer...you can tell when it arrives

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:Ahaha, the throws of summer...you can tell when it arrives

Well at least hockey is back in like an hour. Still not sure how much I'll watch but next see we know they'll announce the lottery winner, and the draft will come quicker than we think.

AHL announced a target return to play in December. Lets focus on the positives.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Also:

East

Toronto in 4
Pittsburgh in 4
Rangers in 5
Islanders in 3 (cheering for Florida but they're an absolute mess)

West

Winnipeg in 4
Edmonton in 3
Preds in 5
Canucks in 4

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Also:

East

Toronto in 4
Pittsburgh in 4
Rangers in 5

West

Winnipeg in 4
Edmonton in 3
Preds in 5
Canucks in 4

i just realized i want to do this.

Toronto in 5
Pittsburg in 5
Carolina in 4
Florida in 5

Calgary in 5
Edmonton in 4
Arizona in 5
Vancouver in 4

No sweeps

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Also:

East

Toronto in 4
Pittsburgh in 4
Rangers in 5

West

Winnipeg in 4
Edmonton in 3
Preds in 5
Canucks in 4

East

Toronto in 3
Pittsburgh in 3
Rangers in 4
Florida in 4

West

Winnipeg in 5
Edmonton in 3
Arizona in 5
Vancouver in 4

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
i don't understand the love for Winnipeg. they have absolutely no D and Helibuck had to stand on his head all year to get them to where they are.

i'm not saying they will roll over but to me this is a case of the Flames under-performing all year and the jets over-achieving all year. this series could be a restart for the flames. but if they don't, there are some axes that will fall.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Well my predictions are off to a bad start...

Winnipeg had crazy injuries this year . Especially on defence. This is the healthiest they've been all season

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
And man. Chicago looks fantastic.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:And man. Chicago looks fantastic.

Don't understand Smith coming out for the 2nd.

Edit: and there he goes.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Games have been exciting today. Florida isn't very good. Looks like there is zero team chemistry

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Wow, take my play in series predictions and toss them in the trash.

Haven't seen updates on Scheifele but it sounds like he may have he's his Achilles cut by a skate. Maurice went full Melnyk saying Tkachuk did it on purpose. Best take on this is from Chris Wideman who said (I'm paraphrasing) that a very small percentage of NHL players are good enough on their skates to be able to do that intentionally and, no offense, but Tkachuk isn't one of them. Losing Scheifele and Hellebuyck not playing like he did 4 months ago I think the Jets are done.

Rangers tried to win by outhitting the Canes. That works better in a best of 7. They are in a little trouble but can still recover. Hank played great.

Hard to believe Pittsburgh lost but they didn't play 60 minutes. Not that Murray played badly but her didn't play well. Wonder if we'll see a change in goal.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Kubalik set an NHL record with 5 points in his post season debut. But this was a play-in have and not a playoff game. Asterisk?

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:Wow, take my play in series predictions and toss them in the trash.

Haven't seen updates on Scheifele but it sounds like he may have he's his Achilles cut by a skate. Maurice went full Melnyk saying Tkachuk did it on purpose. Best take on this is from Chris Wideman who said (I'm paraphrasing) that a very small percentage of NHL players are good enough on their skates to be able to do that intentionally and, no offense, but Tkachuk isn't one of them. Losing Scheifele and Hellebuyck not playing like he did 4 months ago I think the Jets are done.

Rangers tried to win by outhitting the Canes. That works better in a best of 7. They are in a little trouble but can still recover. Hank played great.

Hard to believe Pittsburgh lost but they didn't play 60 minutes. Not that Murray played badly but her didn't play well. Wonder if we'll see a change in goal.

My picks too. I know nothing about anything.

Chicago looks extremely dangerous

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:Kubalik set an NHL record with 5 points in his post season debut. But this was a play-in have and not a playoff game. Asterisk?

The only asterisk is he did it against the Oilers

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Florida and the Oilers need to wake up.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:Florida and the Oilers need to wake up.

Oilers, yes. Panthers are trash.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Florida and the Oilers need to wake up.

Oilers, yes. Panthers are trash.

They have a powerful forward group though, if they can wake up a bit they could do damage.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum