GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 21]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Ah, to be honest, I have long ceased to care about this season. Bring on Friday.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Vancouver's bid on life support.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:Vancouver's bid on life support.  

What's going on?

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:Vancouver's bid on life support.  

What's going on?

“As it relates to Vancouver specifically, we’re hearing there’s a snag in the talks, and it looks like it’s over quarantine and bubble rules,”

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I hate Yost, but this wasn't bad:
https://www.tsn.ca/yost-the-math-behind-the-ottawa-senators-pivotal-lottery-day-1.1489364

So for the Sens' first two picks, the most likely outcome (to the tune of 22%) is picking 4th and 5th (all other combinations are less than 22%). Ironically (and counter intuitively) the chances of getting the #1 overall is 25%, which is higher than the 22% chance of picking 4+5. I like math. I'm good at math. But statistics is a delicate matter.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:I hate Yost, but this wasn't bad:
https://www.tsn.ca/yost-the-math-behind-the-ottawa-senators-pivotal-lottery-day-1.1489364

So for the Sens' first two picks, the most likely outcome (to the tune of 22%) is picking 4th and 5th (all other combinations are less than 22%).  Ironically (and counter intuitively) the chances of getting the #1 overall is 25%, which is higher than the 22% chance of picking 4+5.  I like math.  I'm good at math.  But statistics is a delicate matter.

That was already posted on here about 2 weeks ago.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Trying to wrap my head around this. If the NHL does not turn to play they are talking about opening the lottery to all teams. But the lottery guess tomorrow night and the RTP decision would not be made until later.

So the results of the lottery could be just thrown out the window?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:I hate Yost, but this wasn't bad:

So for the Sens' first two picks, the most likely outcome (to the tune of 22%) is picking 4th and 5th (all other combinations are less than 22%).  Ironically (and counter intuitively) the chances of getting the #1 overall is 25%, which is higher than the 22% chance of picking 4+5.  I like math.  I'm good at math.  But statistics is a delicate matter.
i love math. but this once, just this once... i'm gonna go with crossed fingers.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Trying to wrap my head around this. If the NHL does not turn to play they are talking about opening the lottery to all teams. But the lottery guess tomorrow night and the RTP decision would not be made until later.

why would they? they might have to adjust the odds of teams picking outside of the bottom 7

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Trying to wrap my head around this. If the NHL does not turn to play they are talking about opening the lottery to all teams. But the lottery guess tomorrow night and the RTP decision would not be made until later.

why would they? they might have to adjust the odds of teams picking outside of the bottom 7

They have not made their plan public, but Bobby Mac expects they have one, and at least one GM he spoke to thinks that opening it up to all teams (as was due after the lockout) is the correct easy to go, given that the non-lottery trade would not get the advantage of a chance at the Cup or home gate receipts. I hate it, but it makes sense.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

They have not made their plan public, but Bobby Mac expects they have one, and at least one GM he spoke to thinks that opening it up to all teams (as was due after the lockout) is the correct easy to go, given that the non-lottery trade would not get the advantage of a chance at the Cup or home gate receipts. I hate it, but it makes sense.

I still think the NHL resumes. Vegas and Toronto as the hubs. Finals in Toronto. They need to get the players far away from Florida

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I still think the NHL resumes. Vegas and Toronto as the hubs. Finals in Toronto. They need to get the players far away from Florida

Vegas is an idiotic choice but knowing how the NHL makes choices you can be sure they'll do just that.
I bet covid breaks out within the players in Vegas if it's there.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
The NHL is rife with idiotic ideas.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
so who would you guys prefer to win the first overall?

I think I have to go with Columbus. A team with a farm system so bad that he won't make much of an impact on how they rank or hurt us.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Pittsburgh. I have Lafreniere in my hockey pool.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lagoon wrote:Pittsburgh. I have Lafreniere in my hockey pool.

are you insane? that's the one team that should never get him. Facepalm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Any team out west. Minnesota.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Any team out west. Minnesota.

i could live with that. or Arizona. feels like they could use a guy like him. I pitty them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum